Address bar not showing new URL

Hi,

I have an existing website installed in the public_html root folder of my webhost which is working fine. My website is www.wegotgame.co.nz

I have installed another version of prestashop, with the same webhost and installed it in wegotgame.co.nz/public_html/moviewebsite subfolder.

today i purchased a new domain name - www.neatflix.co.nz - which is a brand new website i want to launch.

with my webhost, i created an addon domain and when i type my new domain name it directs me to the the subfolder correctly.

my issue is that the URL displayed is the www.wegotgame.co.nz/moviewebsite rather than www.neatflix.co.nz

can anyone help with fixing this. is VERY frustrating and i think it may be linked to htaccess file.

in the SEO/URL section of presta I have entered the domain as wegotgame.co.nz and the Base URL as /moviewebsite. any other combination fails to work correctly.

thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

please help me, desperate with this one. spoken to justhost three times, they seemingly have no idea what they're talking about. surely this is basic functionality of what an addon domain should do? i.e. not ONLY redirect to the correct place, but actually -show- the domain name?

Edited by webbynz (see edit history)