Returns and RMAs

Hello...so I thought I had set up Returns and RMAs to cover both purchases made on my clients store as well as for purchases of items that were made outside his store. He sells baseball bats at demos and events, etc so sometimes there is a need for returns that don't have a system invoice etc.

I thought I had set it up as self-explanatory as possible but it isn't satisfactory for the client.

He wants a person to be able to request a RMA whether they bought from the PS store or not, then he wants to be notified that someone has requested a RMA - but he doesn't want to handle it personally. He wants the system to answer the request with a return message that automatically generates a RMA number and gives instructions on returning the item to the customer.

Well we all know that if they didn't buy from the store, they won't have product details, so they won't be able to request a RMA that way or through an account page.

So I set up a Contact in the back office for Returns so outside purchasers could simply request a RMA. That's where it becomes inadequate for the client. He doesn't want to have to log in each day to see if there are returns. He wants to be notified by email. But he doesn't want to issue a RMA himself - he wants the system to do that. And he doesn't want to tell customers how to return the item - he wants the system to that.

In short, he doesn't want to do anything to handle his returns and he wants the store to do it for him.

Any ideas or references to a module that replaces the good ol' days when a business owner wasn't afraid to gets his hands dirty with all of that pesky logging in to the back office to check on the status of his business?

Here is a link to the site: http://rudeamericanbatco.com

Thank you

Edited by E2P Digital (see edit history)