Prestashop shows product (with attribute) as no attribute values

Hi everyone. I'm new to Prestashop and I'm currently configuring my new shop. My new shop is http://mycameraplace.com

This is my problem:

I have products that have attributes and would want to "force" my customer to view the product first (at the product listing page) before adding to the cart.

Refer to Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 10.29.52 PM.png:

At the home page, the homefeatured module and newproduct module has determine that the products have attribute - homefeatured module has the "view" (magnifying glass icon) button and the "from" price wording. The new product module also has the "from" price wording. However, the special module doesn't have the "from" price wording. 

I had manually added this line of code to my product-listing.tpl

<label>{if $product.id_product_attribute}{l s='from '}{/if}</label>

when I click into any of the categories, it seems that the system doesn't treat the product as a product with attributes (refer to Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 10.35.10 PM.png).

instead of showing the "view" button, it is now the "add to cart" button.

In the debug window it also shows id_product_attribute => "0" for all the product that has attributes. (refer to Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 10.37.27 PM.png)

Sorry for the long winded explanation. I just want to explain as much as possible. Please let me know if there's anything that I need to change so that my shop would run as what I have wanted it to be.

Thanks in advance.

post-711346-0-99759200-1382538699_thumb.png

post-711346-0-13178400-1382538942_thumb.png

post-711346-0-65728600-1382539131_thumb.png