Wishlist Module doesn't create wishlist when products added

Hi,

I'm using PS 1.5.4.1 for my webshop.

The wishlist module doesn't work properly. When a customer adds a product to the wishlist without creating a wishlist in their account first, nothing happens. Well, the product image moves towards the wishlist block and that's it.

If the customer creates a wishlist in his account first, and then adds a product, everything works fine.

How can I fix this? I'm not sure what it should do when a product is added before creating a wishlist. There are 2 options that would be ok for me:

- PS creates a wishlist for the customer with a default title like 'my wishlist' and add the product to that list.

- PS doesn't add the product but a messages appears that tells the customer to create a wishlist in their account first.

I prefer the first option, of course.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? Would be a great help!!

Thanks in advance.

I am also using 1.5.4.1 and discovered the same thing yesterday on my shop. When clicking add to wishlist the popup says product is added but if you didn't manually create and save a wishlist the product was actually never added. I've read on a few other posts that a default "my wishlist" is supposed to be created but that isn't happening for me. Hopefully there's a solution rather than seeing if an upgrade solves it.

On a similar note what's the purpose of creating multiple wishlists? I see no way of being able to add products to different wishlists. You can only add products to the first wishlist created.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I figured out how to fix this problem.

1. Go to modules > search for module > then type in wishlist.
  2. Disable the addon.
  3. Go to Preferences > Performance > then clear cache.
  4. Go back to modules and find the wishlist module again.
  5. Enable the module. Click configure.
  6. Look at the top for 'check for update' and click it.

You will automatically be redirected to the modules list and will receive a message that says: 'all modules have been updated'. Then go to your storefront and refresh the page. When you add a product to your wishlist, it will automatically create one for you if there isn't one created yet. Then if you click wishlist at the top, you'll see the default wishlist has been made and the product you added is in there. 

I'm using Prestashop v1.6