Advice on seo autofill module

nobynator

Hello,

Just bought the autofill seo module fron prestashop addons, but Im not sure how to configurate it with best results and would like some help with this. 

This is the module 

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/seo-prestashop-modules/175-seo-search-engine-optimization.html

• Meta tag « product title » (« Meta Title »);

• Meta tag « product description » (« Meta Description »);

• Meta tag « product keywords » (« meta keywords »);

• Meta tag friendly URL (« URL rewrite »);

• Meta tag « Short description ». 

The following variables are at your disposal to fill your models:

• {product_name}, the name of your product

• {parent_cat_name}, the name of the parent category

• {parent_cat_name_level_%}, the name of the parent category at the superior level

(replace « % » by the level of the category)

• {manufacturer_name}, the name of the manufacturer

• {product_reference}, the product reference

• {default_cat_name}, the name of the default category

• {product_price}, the product price

• {product_features}, the product features (separated by comas)

• {product_reduction_percent}, the percentage of reduction of the product (si you defined

reductions) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pronux.

I did not buy it. But it has 200 votes. I need best SEO for my website. This module price is US $ 200 ($199.99). That is the reason. If it was below $100 I'd like to try. But it is really useful and increase my SEO rank and pump more search traffics to my website via search engines, That price is okay. I'm waiting for answer from user of that module.

Hi White Lion,

Thanks for your feedback. It has 200 votes because it was one of the first addon at the store ;-)

In my view, this addon will not affect the search ranking of a page, because as Google announced in September of 2009 that neither meta descriptions nor meta keywords factor into Google's ranking algorithms for web search. 

I still don't know what's the value of this module for $ 200......

Edited by Pronux (see edit history)

Hello Pronux.

I've started my store using PS 1.4.3.0 in 2011. In that time i got 600+ Visitors from Google. I did not use any special module for SEO or did not contact any SEO company. I've filled that meta details in admin panel and use default sitemap and submit it to google. But unfortunately our hosting provider disappeared in end of 2012. then we lost most of our data. Then we've moved to new hosting provider. But we lost our search engine traffic. Our competitors are using Magento, Wordpress and Open Cart. But they have good search engine position.

Then I need to Good SEO solution.

Look here for my personal opinion about this addon: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/275030-the-seo-module/?do=findComment&comment=1447138

In regard to your SEO: I always tell my customers, that the following 4 points are the most important:

1. Text: If your products/categories/pages have no text, they can't be found (more text = better)

2. Pretty URL's: choose good ones and remove ID's from the URL -> there's an addon which does this job

3. External links to you website: More links = higher pagerank = better search ranking position

4. Performance: faster = better pagerank = more conversion

In my view, all other possible SEO-optimizations, like meta tags keywords, landing pages etc. etc. are not really relevant, until you have solved this 4 points.