[solved] Separate mail templates for multistore shops?

Hello,

I was ready to launch the second shop using multistore until I realized that the customers receive all emails as from shop1, although they might have ordered from shop2.

I did look everywhere but couldn't find the option to change or add the emails for different shops. Is it possible after all and if, then where shall I look?

• 2 months later...

Hi outlet.ee!

It's easy. You need to have a different theme for each store. Then you just have to create a directory called mails on the theme directory of each store.

For example:

You have the mails directory on your root

prestashop/mails/

And it contains subdirectories for each language

prestashop/mails/en/

prestashop/mails/fr/

prestashop/mails/es

You have to copy the entire mails directory (including the language subdirectories) and paste it on each store theme:

prestashop/themes/themeStore1/mails/

prestashop/themes/themeStore2/mails/

prestashop/themes/themeStore3/mails/

Then you can modify all the mail themes (I do it through html file) and each store will have a different email designs.

Hope this helps you! If this solves your prolem, change title to "[sOLVED] Separate mail templates for multistore shops?"

Regards.

• Confused 1

Thank you,

I already became thinking of incredible complex solutions for this, never imagined the answer is in fact that simple! One more question: the followup module. These templates are in modules/followup/mails folder. How to make the separate templates for different shops with this module also?

I suppose it is possible to do the same, but in this case you have to modify the modules folder.

prestashop/themes/themeStore1/modules/followup/mails

prestashop/themes/themeStore2/modules/followup/mails

prestashop/themes/themeStore3/modules/followup/mails

I haven't tested this, so don't know if it works. Everything you modify on the theme directory overrides what is on root/modules so it should be possible this way.

Post your results please, so we know if it worked!

:)

• Like 1