Problems after changing hosting provider

Hi,

I was originally using Hostbig to host my website, but after a lot of server downtime recently I decided to make the move to ensure I'd have a more reliable service - I moved to GoDaddy.

When moving from the old host to the new, I searched up as much info as possible from the forum, and it seemed to go fairly smoothly, but I am now left with a few issues.

1) If using Friendly URLs (which I used with no problems on the old host) when adding items to the cart they fly happily across the page and the cart at the top of the page displays them, however when clicking into the cart it then says the cart is empty.

As a result I have turned off Friendly URLs, however a HUGE number of my customers are now hitting my 404 page as Google has indexed everything with Friendly URLs enabled.

2) If turning on Canonical URLs (which again was "on" on the old host) customers are able to start a checkout process and/or register seperately, but are unable to login, and end up entering login details only to have the login page reappear after clicking "Log In".

3) After turning off Friendly URLs and Canonical URLs I thought I was home and dry (apart from the Google issue) however I have now had a customer using Chrome finding himself with the same problem as described in point 1, whereby nothing stays put in the cart.

It's probably also worth pointing out that along the line I was receiving an error on my BO homepage telling me my URL was incorrect, and having searched this on the forum I have duly removed the "www." from the site URL to correct the issue.

Apologies for such a long message, and for having 3 problems listed together - however as I presume they're related I figured it made sense to get all the relevant info together in one place for whatever delightful person is able to help me out!

Oh, and I'm using version 1.5.4.1 with the default theme.

HUGE thanks in advance to whoever can help me!

Luke