[Résolu] Invalid loadConfiguration() SQL query!

Hi. I hope this is the right place to post this. Apologies if it isn't. I have searched the forum but can't find an answer. My website is showing this error:: ""Invalid loadConfiguration() SQL query!"". It was fine one minute, then this. Can anyone tell me a) why this would appear out of the blue; B) what it means?; and c) how I can fix it?
Thanks in advance :)

positive - i even double checked!
there are some databases in phpmyadmin, which are empty, and i did try to delete one of those, several times, but it wouldn't go away! although everything looks the same in there as it did, is it possible i could have done something i'm not aware of? as i said, one minute the site is there, next its gone!
what does it mean?
thank you

ok. database server name, i took from phpmyadmin (Server: localhost)
database name I know already
username - i took this from cpanel from the 'mysql database' page - i used the username thats given for this database.
user password - i used the cpanel password

Ive update the file and now i get :: ""link to database cannot be established""

I've sorted it!
When I was looking through the 'old' settings.inc file (a new one was created when I changed host) I noticed that there was a different username in there. And as I thought it was an old username, I had deleted it from cpanel. I've recreated that username with my same cpanel password and everything now seems hunkydory.
Thanks for the pointers tho, I would never have known about that file without your help :)

• 11 months later...

I also had the problem; “Link to database cannot be established”.

As proposed here and elsewhere, I have changed the password in config/settings.inc.php manually back to the emailed password, but I still could not enter the site or the admin-page.

The solution for me was to change the password (also) of the database (mySql or php -I forgot) through my webhosting admin site (one.com).

PreHistory:
After I received a mail with a new password I got in to admin-page. As soon as I entered a new password in Tools/Preferences, I got kicked off with “Link to database cannot be established”.