[SOLVED] Prestashop Admin panel URL change

Hi guyz

When I install prestashop using Quickinstall (cpanel module) the admin panel url is very weird "admin-1380902282"

I know it is for security purpose, but can anyone let me know which file/table to edit in order to change admin panel path?

Thanks

John

Hi guyz

When I install prestashop using Quickinstall (cpanel module) the admin panel url is very weird "admin-1380902282"

I know it is for security purpose, but can anyone let me know which file/table to edit in order to change admin panel path?

Thanks

John

hello

this is not part of database but a part of filesystem

it mean that you have to change only directory name - thats all, nothing more.

just follow batman42ca suggestion above and then - let us know if you achieved what you expected :)

• Like 2

hello

this is not part of database but a part of filesystem

it mean that you have to change only directory name - thats all, nothing more.

just follow batman42ca suggestion above and then - let us know if you achieved what you expected :)

Guyz weird this happened

1) Opened cute FTP and changed my admin url from "admin4152" to "admin"

2) The folder got renamed and now my admin folder looks like "admin"

3) I successfully logged in using "http://mydomain.com/admin" - Login was successful

4) Soon after I login I looked at the address bar and my "admin" path auto changed to some random number "admin7635"

5) I opened cuteftp again and checked and the admin folder has been renamed to admin7635

I tested this couple of times. Meaning there is a control/file somewhere which checks admin folder name value

John

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

In Prestashop 1.5.4.0 I got

admin.js:843 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at stripHTML (admin.js:843)
    at Editor.<anonymous> (index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=19&updateproduct&conf=4&key_tab=Informations&token=7f…:1292)
    at Dispatcher.dispatch (tiny_mce.js:1)
    at DOMUtils.q (tiny_mce.js:1)
    at HTMLDocument.g (tiny_mce.js:1)

when updating product description. Product description not updating in back office as well as front office.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

We are using Prestahop 1.7.6..4 edition and we have changed the password in parameters.php. The front end works fine but we now cannot get connected to the administrator interface. When we use the secret link provided to us during the installation we get an HTTP Error 500. We also noticed from our Plesk file manager that there are now two admin folders (probably because we have installed 1.7.6.4 after a previous version). We have tried both admin strings to access the backoffice url but none is working. Please advise what we should do for regaining access to our backoffice as this is a production site. We have already tried renaming the admin folders with no success. Thanks in advance for your quickest response.

• 2 years later...