problem with local site after upgrade (1.4.11 > 1.5.5)

Hi everyone me again....

i went to upgrade a an old site i had from version 1.4.11 and used the expert upgrade feature on the one click upgrade utility and the system upgraded me to the 1.5.5 prestashop version.

Again same as always the site was working fine before hand frontend and backend were working. Now after the upgrade only backend works and get website cannot display the page message pop up.

Any ideas?

NB

When i click on the modules tab i get an error

Fatal error: Access level to PM_AdvancedSearch4::getCacheId() must be protected (as in class ModuleCore) or weaker in C:\xampp\htdocs\eniacoffline\modules\pm_advancedsearch4\pm_advancedsearch4.php on line 4853

if i remove this module from the module folder it works. Is it a problem with version compatability from 1.4 to 1.5??

thanks again for any help in advance

hi im still baffled with this problem......

as suggested, if i remove these files from the modules folder the site begins to function at some degree but im guessing if these modules are not compatible with version 1.5.5.0

if anyone knows anything about plugins

pm_advancedsearch4

pm_advancedtopmenu

please let me know.....are they pay modules and thats why they have been left to the older versions during the upgrade process?

thanks in advance