SEO dilemma with static pages.

Dolke

Hi guys,

I want to ask one question regarding how do you think how Google "handles and scores" pages that have many products listed on a single page comparing to ones that have for example 10, 20, 50 etc.

Lets say you have a category of products and its called tools. Then you have subcategory called "hand tools". There again you have so many different types of hand held tools for different type of work and conditions but you decide not to go further in depth, into a new sub-sub categories.

Instead your visitor clicks this category "hand tools" and website displays a huge list of products with all those tools listed on a single page. Now you have like a 200 product on one page.

Is this better for SEO because each of this products are starting with the phrase "hand tool" and then continue on like "hand held 300 gram hammer" or something...

This way keywords like "hand tools" are repeated many times more then if you made sub-sub category only for hammers for example.

I hope I was able to explain my dilemma here?

This is actually based on a real situation where I have my competitor listing 200-300 products per page, while my pages contain 10-20 products.

I know speed of loading should be slower in his case (I'm not seeing it though) so it affect lower ranking if that is even the case but does this recompense the speed loss?

Thank you in advance.
Dean