[Solved] Severe translation issues

CrossY

Hi there,

I've been working on my shop in the default (EN) language, but the shop needs to be in my language (NL). I thought simply changing the default language would work, as it usually does, but not this time.

When I change the default language, i'm getting pages not found, non consistent flow (im on NL on one page, when I press a link, i'm back to EN).

When I disable all other languages, it gives similar (the same) errors...

It also seems to make a difference in which browser I look, Firefox seems to work fine, Chrome/IE not so much.

It's of vital importance for this to work (obviously), so.. any tips?

SOLVED Seemed to be a problem in "blocktopmenu" (horizontal bar menu), simply delete the links and re-enter them within the module configuration.

Best,

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

Dirty (partial) fix: copy translation from NL to EN. Shop displays /en/ but has mostly NL translations...

Gonna try to change the EN settings to NL, change name of language etc, it might work.

Still wondering if I can fix the source of the issue though!

On some browsers i've tested it it generates this link: 

http://www.domain.com/index.php?controller=category_rule&id=4&rewrite=accessories-ipod&meta_keywords=&meta_title=

My shop basicly broke down now after many hours of editing.. I really hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

FIXED -- Seemed to be a problem in "blocktopmenu" (horizontal bar menu), simply delete the links and re-enter them within the module configuration.

Kind of a nasty one, kept me busy for some hours.. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.