admin search to return and display product tags

neller

Hi all,

I need to be able to expand the BO search facility to search and return the product tags.

I have added the tags column to the search result table, but how do I go about joining the database tables and in which function?

This is what I'm snooping around currently, AdminSearchController.php

protected function initProductList()
{
	$this->show_toolbar = false;
	$this->fields_list['products'] = array(
		'id_product' => array('title' => $this->l('ID'), 'width' => 25),
		'manufacturer_name' => array('title' => $this->l('Manufacturer'), 'align' => 'center', 'width' => 200),
		'reference' => array('title' => $this->l('Reference'), 'align' => 'center', 'width' => 150),
		'tags' => array('title' => $this->l('Tags'), 'align' => 'center', 'width' => 150),
		'name' => array('title' => $this->l('Name'), 'width' => 'auto'),
		'price_tax_excl' => array('title' => $this->l('Price (tax excl.)'), 'align' => 'right', 'type' => 'price', 'width' => 60),
		'price_tax_incl' => array('title' => $this->l('Price (tax incl.)'), 'align' => 'right', 'type' => 'price', 'width' => 60),
		'active' => array('title' => $this->l('Active'), 'width' => 70, 'active' => 'status', 'align' => 'center', 'type' => 'bool')
	);
}

Which creates the space for the tags.

Then I need to add in something like

SELECT DISTINCT p.`name`,
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'tags` p
LEFT JOIN  `'._DB_PREFIX_.'  something else here to match the product to the tag and return it

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to do here and where to put it?

Regards,

Neller

• 9 months later...

hi neller,

i'm trying to do a similar thing, I want to add the supplier reference into the table. did you find out where to put the

SELECT DISTINCT p.`name`,
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'tags` p
LEFT JOIN
`'._DB_PREFIX_.' something else here to match the product to the tag and return it

and did you get it to work?

i'm rooting around trying to find where these fields are defined, no luck yet.

thanks for any help!