contact form - What files are these settings stored in

Right guy, I've deleted my previous post as my situation has changed slightly.

Can someone please tell me this.

I have a shop which is currently at www.mydomain.com/shop2

Somewhere along the line ive messed up something to do with the contact form because when someone submits a question through the form all I get is a blank email with my logo in it and some text saying :-

mail_/mails/[iso]/contact_form.html

Firstly, can anyone tell me exactly WHICH files hold all the information for the contact form settings?

Secondly, what i need to know is............does the site have to be 'live' in your root directory, rather than a folder, in order for the contact form to work?

Just to double check I wasnt going mad I did a fresh install in mydomain.com/shop3 and made sure my email address was correct in all the right places (see below) and STILL no email is received on form submission and thats with a fresh install.

- preferences » store contacts

- advanced parameters » email

- customers » contacts

(ive also tried it not just with my pop3 account but a brand new hotmail account setup for testing and it doesnt work with that either so its nothing to do with my host etc. If I click "send test email" in the back office that DOES work)

Any ideas please?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dazlia
I found the solution to the  mail_/mails/[iso]/contact_form.html   bit. My language is set to enlish(uk) I noticed that all the mail templates in prestashop/mails/en  had templates with proper messages in them. The ones in the gb folder just contained the name of the template inside each template. So I copied all the ones from the en folder to the gb folder.  Don't import language pack after this as it overwrites the emails.