shipping and images questions

Hello,

I am very new to Prestashop (this is my first post!), so please forgive my ignorance.

Someone setup up my website before falling from the face of the Earth. I have now two questions, one regarding shipping and another regarding images resizing / compression.

1) Shipping: I'd like to set 3 shipping modes (economy, standard and express) and be able to set my own shipping costs in each mode and this for every single item. So one item could be economy $1, standard $2 and express $3, another item could be economy $12, standard $31 and express $43 etc. It seems the system does not accommodate such free choices. Is there any module, or any easy editing of the files that would allow me to do that?

2) Image: I have set the small_default to 100x100px and the medium_default to 200x200px under the Preferences > Images in the admin. I now upload a source image for a product, size 500Kb dimensions 900x600px. On screen, the dimensions are well resized to 100x100px for small_default and to 200x200px for the medium_default. However the images download is awfully slow. So I have saved the actual small, medium and large images on my PC to compare them ... but they are actually the same, all 3 size 500Kb dimensions 900x600px! Is this the way it is supposed to work?

A thousand thanks in advance,

Alex

Hello again, I have been looking all day long but can't seem to find any answer.

A simple yes or no would greatly help as regards to the image question.

I also don't mind hiring a developer if complicated editing needs to be done for my shipping needs.

Please advise,

Alex

• 4 weeks later...