[SOLVED] Question regarding Free Shipping Cart Rule and Customer Loyalty Program

Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Copy of Default Theme (want to keep the original default theme in case I need the files)

There seems to be something odd happening....

I setup Free Shipping as a Cart Rule for items $100 and over

I set this up this way because my Shipping rules are based on weight

I installed the Customer Loyalty Program module and placed some fake orders

and noticed that when the order was placed, the customer received one less loyalty point because the free shipping seems to make the Loyalty Program think that the product price is $10 less...

For example

I purchase an item for $500

I should get Free Shipping for Standard Shipping (less $10)

I should also get 50 Loyalty points

Instead the Loyalty program thinks I'm only spending $490 instead of $500

So then I only get 49 points

I setup the Free Shipping Cart rule to be Priority 5 as well, but the odd behavior occurs no matter if it is a 1 priority.

I am attaching a screen shot so you can get a better idea of what is going on. Also, in the Invoice sent to the customer there is a portion at the bottom that shows the Tax Details. That is also incorrect. It gives a breakdown of the Tax, but shows the price of $490 instead of $500. Although in the main part of the invoice, the tax charged is correct.

I searched the forum and did not find any similar complaints so I am hoping it is how I am setting this up.

post-614734-0-38772300-1376943877_thumb.jpg

post-614734-0-38836200-1376944328_thumb.jpg

Edited by paditur (see edit history)

Hi All,

I'm going to post how I solved this in case anyone else runs into this issue.

The reason the points value was off is because I did the free shipping as a cart rule, so the loyalty program considered it a discount and therefore reasonably negated that amount. (That's how it should work, my own lack of knowledge about Prestashop is what made it problematic for me)

After searching the forums and learning more about how Shipping and Zones worked....I was able to solve this issue.

In order for you to have Shipping Rules based on Weight and Free Shipping for One Carrier Only, do the following as suggested in these posts...

We want Shipping to be based on number of items in cart, since that is not an option, I followed the advice in the topic below....

Base Shipping on Weight

http://www.prestasho...s-in-your-cart/

I created Carriers for each zone and adjusted my pricing accordingly with a note at the top of the Shopping Cart stating that Continental US buyers got free Standard Shipping, and International buyers would be contacted if additional shipping costs applied.

I then used the advice in the topic below to allow for Free Shipping for Standard Shipping for Continental US residents Only....

Free Shipping for One Carrier Only

http://www.prestasho...nd-one-carrier/

Hope this helps some one out there in the future.

Edited by paditur (see edit history)