Shipping setup questions

Hello all, I been busy working on my shopfront for awhile now and have it mostly setup. I been trying to setup my shipping and running into an issue.

My store is for Australian residents so shipping is Australia wide. My issue is trying to set it up so prestashop chooses a shipping method based on weight.

I have gone through and setup all my carriers and defined the weight values and each product selected the list that I had created with carriers and although the default at checkout picks the lowest price shipping method, it still shows a list of everything else that falls above the products weight shipping range.

I wouldn't want a customer getting upset because they picked a more expensive shipping option when they didn't need to.

Basically I want it to add up the weights of the items and pick a shipping method that I have set for the total combined weight.

Eg shipping options are "type 1 = >0.5kg $5", "type 2 = 0.5-2kg $10", "type 3= 2-5kg $15"

Right now if I put in enough items to have the weight at 1kg, the default shipping it picks is type 2, but type 3 is also available to choose from in the checkout. A customer might get confused and think type 3 at $15 must be faster shipping because its more expensive option! When that is not the case, its simply a price for shipping based on weight.

Any help would be great. Thanks.