Shipping bug - intermittent

I'm using 1.5.3 and I wonder if a problem I'm getting has been fixed in the newer version... The shipping seems to keep losing association with the countries.... and changes default to free by itself. I go to back office, switch a few shipping options on and off and it's ok for a while -but what with this and a variety of other little bugs, it's starting to drive me crazy :(

Assuming this has been fixed in 1.5.4, can someone tell me the file(s) I need to replace to overcome this problem (and hopefully not introduce more problems in fixing it).

Thanks

Andrew

Anyone? I'm guessing there are shipping module improvements in 1.5.4 -so I think the easiest way to overcome the issue is to replace the relevant files -I haven't the time for a full upgrade so was hoping to just fix this bit...

Help, someone!!!

Please can someone tell me which files I need to replace to get the newer shipping files from 1.5.4 to install in 1.5.3 -I assume it's just a case of backingup the old files and over-writing them. It doesn't appear to be a straightforward module?

I really would appreciate some help on this as I'm pulling my hair out on this issue (amongst a new issue of the shipping prices changing by themselves)!

thanks

Andrew