Background gradient to 100% width?

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my background gradient to span the whole page 100%.

I've found many threads on the subject and have tried every solution but it either only displays the header, moves everything else on the page, or stretches the gradient to the whole page when I just want it to stay in its header position.

The gradient is of CSS code, not an image. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I've attached a screenshot.

I'm using 1.5.4.1

post-650876-0-83168400-1375451886_thumb.png

Edited by jamieianosborne (see edit history)

Hi,

Okay let's get this started, you want the gradient to take the whole PAGE and scroll with the content? or you want it fixed to the window (Still whole window)? Or you want it just on the content column background?

You might be coding on the worng element

Martin

Thanks for your help! Greatly appreciated.

Literally all I want is for that gradient to stay in the header position as it is (no scrolling), but as 100% width rather than confined to that wrapper.

I've tried to move it out of the wrapper but thats where my problems start.

Bear with me, I'm not the total newbie but I do realise I have some holes in my knowledge. Sometimes I think I may just be overlooking the basics.

In a word, no.

That is another one of my issues (its already in a general discussion thread). I've uploaded it to a free server but it won't show because of database issues. So that bugs ongoing, as is this.

I thought it might be a stab trying to find a solution without a live site.

If a simple solution isn't available, we might have to wait til tonight until I can get details of my fathers hosting and upload it there instead.

Hmm, it's harder to help without being able to see the website intégration/styles. It's not impossible tho.

I've got a problem figuring out what you REALLY want. Could you post a screenshot of what it is and point me EXACTLY what you want to do (Either show a final result or describe it on the screenshot)

What I understand : You want the little gradient from grey to transparent to take the whole width of the page instead of sticking to the content width*.

Martin

Edited by Martin Uker K (see edit history)

Bear with me some more, I managed to get the details and am uploading it as we speak.

And can you see the attached thumbnail in my original post?

That white to transparent gradient goes from the top of the page to the top of the home slider. I want to keep that the same.

The width of it is only the width of the content. This is what I want to change. I want to extend it to the edges of the window.

Okay. I don't know what is your HTML code for this part of the website, but it should be easy enough. Usually there should be a wrapper around that block (header). It should work to pass the instruction on that wrapper instead of the header element.

If it doesn't, we'll have to see the HTML code (Either you post some, either online). I'll be on most of the day, but I'm actually configuring a network, my email isn't on the same computer, I might take some time to reply.

Martin