Can't select shop to move module position within hook

The homeslider module suddenly stopped working, perhaps because of a PrestaShop update, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now it works but it's in the wrong position in my (purchased) theme. There are two other modules within the Homepage content hook. It looks like I should be able to re-order the modules within the hook, but there are no arrows and I can't drag them. I'm using multistore with 2 shops, so I guess I need to select a shop first (even though both shops use the same theme). However, when I select a shop the page refreshes and goes back to "All Shops." What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Wes Reimer (see edit history)

Update: I was able to get it working on one shop but not the other. If I go to different admin pages and select a shop or just save something, then sometimes I can trick it into selecting a shop on another page. Even then, it seems to be stuck on whatever shop is selected when the page loads – it can't be changed directly. I thought it was corrupt cookies or a browser issue, so I deleted cookies and tried a different browser, but the problem persists.