Default Non-Responsive Mobile Help / Changes

Hello all - I have successfully modified the default theme for my normal prestashop install, however, the mobile non-responsive theme is lacking at the very least "featured products" on the front page. I have been trying to figure out how to modify the ./theme/default/mobile theme without much luck.

I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to put something to BUY on the main landing page of the light / mobile version. I would just like it to list the 4 featured products if possible. I have attempted even to {Include "./new-products.tpl"} into the index.tpl, without luck, it comes up empty? I was thinking at the very least I could show new-products.

I just don't like that the mobile site comes up and you can search, then go to categories, which I have none because I am only selling 4 products, and then you can go to "My offers" (poorly worded), then from there to new-products, but not even to featured products.

I have been looking at pay-to-get what I want themes for non-responsive mobile, but even that hasn't been easy, there are only two that I can find.

I do not want to go to a responsive template right now, I just spent a month modifying the default template to meet my needs.

Any help from anyone who has figured out how to display products on the non-responsive mobile theme main page is apprecaited. Doesn't even need to be a slider, just simple featured products list would work for me.

Thanks a ton!