Shipping Module based on driving distance

murtaza.dev

Shipp​ing Module based on driving distance

I need module for my project which will calculate driving distance between two points, the store and the delivery address of the logged in user. I search forums for the module, but prestashop has paids modules often and nobody is willing to help in building such a module.

I have developed such module using Google Distance Matrix API for driving distance. It is not finished completely, there is always a room for enhancements. I have done the calculation for what I need you are free to modify.

I am attaching a zip for the said module for free so someone can benefit from it as prestashop community totally based on paid modules instead of open source.

I will be highly appreciated if you keep the Author name unchanged n intact. Rest is your creativity.

Regards

Screenshot

post-555269-0-71160900-1374049007_thumb.png

deeliciousCarrier.zip

post-555269-0-71160900-1374049007_thumb.png

Edited by murtaza.dev (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Shipp​ing Module based on driving distance

I need module for my project which will calculate driving distance between two points, the store and the delivery address of the logged in user. I search forums for the module, but prestashop has paids modules often and nobody is willing to help in building such a module.

I have developed such module using Google Distance Matrix API for driving distance. It is not finished completely, there is always a room for enhancements. I have done the calculation for what I need you are free to modify.

I am attaching a zip for the said module for free so someone can benefit from it as prestashop community totally based on paid modules instead of open source.

I will be highly appreciated if you keep the Author name unchanged n intact. Rest is your creativity.

Regards

Hello,

seems very usable module and free! :)

Question - why only for logged users? Is it possible do it for all shop users?

Hello,

seems very usable module and free! :)

Question - why only for logged users? Is it possible do it for all shop users?

Well it needs a address to work with. So Logged in users only. If you want to modify, go ahead its free.

Have Fun

Well it needs a address to work with. So Logged in users only. If you want to modify, go ahead its free.

Have Fun

your module have bug in deeliciousCarrier.php file, can't install it.

and also how i can manage your module in backoffice?

your module have bug in deeliciousCarrier.php file, can't install it.

and also how i can manage your module in backoffice?

check with the module name. linux server often do that. After install it can be configure with first mile cost, every other mile cost and warehouse address

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

check with the module name. linux server often do that. After install it can be configure with first mile cost, every other mile cost and warehouse address

Hi Murtaza,

Thanks for your contribution.

I downloaded and uploaded (via Modules) to my site but I got below error.

"deeliciousCarrier (class missing in /modules/deeliciousCarrier/deeliciousCarrier.php)"

Can I make some changing on the source code file?

Regards,

Edited by hung.trantrong (see edit history)

Post your solution online, so other can be benefit from it. 

Regards

I don't find any place to attach the zip file so I describe the way I edit file.

In line of code: 7th and 10th, I changed class name "MyModule" to "deeliciousCarrier" then it worked.

Because for module in prestashop, it requires the class name and folder name is same.

PS: Actually, I still don't know how to use this module although I can install.

Edited by hung.trantrong (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi Murtaza,

Thanks for your contribution!

how do I configure the delivery method, so that it will be displayed during the checkout?

at the monet the delivery method is enables but it will not displayed
I only see "Shipping cost based on driving distance between Deelicious and your delivery address" - nothing else

Any idea?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for my late reply, was not active on this forum. However you can write me on [email protected]

@Peters Module will work if you are on cart page and you have valid address as delivery address. Module will calculate cost between your and shop address(which can be configured from module administration).

@Navenemf. Noted. Will do it, if I got time. Otherwise you are free to modify uploaded plugin/module. But do link here so everybody can benefit from it. 

Regards

• 6 months later...

Im experiencing same problem as Peters

ive got shop and delivery address properly configured. However i cannot see where the price gets calculated. Could you help me through with this problem ??

Sorry for my late reply, was not active on this forum. However you can write me on [email protected]

@Peters Module will work if you are on cart page and you have valid address as delivery address. Module will calculate cost between your and shop address(which can be configured from module administration).

@Navenemf. Noted. Will do it, if I got time. Otherwise you are free to modify uploaded plugin/module. But do link here so everybody can benefit from it. 

Regards

• 5 months later...

are there any developers out there that could help assist me with this module please?

I have the module installed and to show up in the carriers without having to modify any code other than whats been stated above on PS 1.6.0.9

However, there are no calculations of shipping costs made and it says in the shipping selection that the carrier is free.

is there a piece of code that needs to be changed somewhere that i am overlooking? any help would be greatly appreciated! and it could lead to another usefull FREE module for the community :)

• Like 1

Whats you want to do that this module is not doing?

Hi I have attached images to this post of what i am referring to above.  there are no calculations shown and the carrier shows free although it is not set to free.

post-439077-0-29460300-1426086884_thumb.png

post-439077-0-46642500-1426086898_thumb.png

I have set it to some threshold amount, you need to adjust that to amount to show against career.

Im not sure what you mean, if you are referring to the settings of the module, i have updated those setting through the back office. but it still displays as shown above.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi murtaza.dev, Have you had chance to develop this further yet?

as for ideas on what to add, you could always set limits/Ranges, so as an example a limit would be set within a 15 mile radius of the originating post code.. also the ability to quick check local delivery cost could be useful,,

• 7 months later...

I thinks its due to I had set it to show above certain amount and distance mile. you need to check the code.  Its been long since I have worked on it.

You can check it with more distance and more amount in cart, and check it shows up.

I have moved this to github. You can open issues there and if I get time I will try to resolve it.

Regards

• 4 months later...