Show product customization tab separately

I'm trying to do the opposite of what's described in this post:

http://www.prestasho...__fromsearch__1

My theme is currently showing the customization tab next to the "more info" tab. However, because it's hidden by default, it's easy to miss the customization content.

I'd like to be able to do either of the following things (preferably option 1 if easy to do):

OPTION 1: Add a button to the page that says something like "customize" -this then automatically selects the appropriate tab and scrolls to the approporate part of the page (also automatically).

OR...

OPTION 2: If above is not possible, I'd like to separate out the customization tab and display this by itself, above the other tabs like "more info"

I'm using V1.5 -any suggestions appreciated...

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by Andrew H (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've managed to figure this out myself (except the button).

The tab order (more info, customization etc) can be amended on product.tpl page by changing the order of the tabs. The customization tab can be displayed above the tabs separately by putting that code ahead of the tabbed code and changing the div ID as follows:

<div id="idTabs clearfix" class="bullet customization_block">

Hey Andrew,

You are correct in looking for that div! Maybe you want to move the div out of the more information box so it is always shown? That could be a potential solution depending on your design.

You might want to look into a jQuery script button that has the ability to show/hide a div based on a click.

All the best,

roflmyeggo

thanks rolfl...

Sounds like a good plan! Im in the middle of figuring out a number of issues so temporarily used an old-school anchor button as a temporary solution, but may look into this once I've fixed everything else! The PS customization functionality is good, but accessing it by default isn't very user-friendly!