Setting up a Simple Shop for Free Items

Hello All,

I just joined the forum and am hoping this software will be able to do what I am looking for. I am no stranger to web or other application development but I am also not an expert in the field. I'm trying to set up a store/shopping cart but it is for media (cd's or dvd's) and the products are FREE. I'm looking for a simple storefront/shopping cart system that will allow me to do the following:

- Show products in a simple list form (SKU, title, presenter, date) with the option to add to cart.

- Allow 2 different variations of the same product (CD or DVD)

- Make the products/shipping/tax all free. I understand I may need to just set the payment type to CHECK or COD and then just send the orders out without actually collecting money..if that's the case I would at least need to modify that section to say something like "no payment required"

- I would prefer at checkout if they only have a "shipping address" and the "billing address" is not visible since it isn't really part of the equation with these products.

Is this something that can be done relatively easily with this software or am I going to need to replace large sections of the base code?

I did see in the forums there is a way to do a .csv import which is great as we've got about 2400 products right now in a table I'd like to be able to quickly import.

I have a wordpress site now and tried to set up a couple e-commerce plugins...but the products all end up as posts and it was kind of big and clunky. I want a simple streamlined store with just a basic table of products with the ability to enter a quantity and add it to a shopping cart. Then have a backend where someone can fill the orders and sent out notifications to the user that their product has shipped.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by dlvonde (see edit history)