[1.5.4] Problem ovverriding a module

stratboy

Hi! I copied blocktopmenu in themes/[mytheme]/modules and changed code so that it can be placed in my custom displayHeaderMainMenuBox hook. It doesn't work. Instead, if I edit the same way the main (root) blocktopmenu, it works all fine. So, I guess the module override doesn't happen. Why?

Edited by stratboy (see edit history)

Sorry I misunderstood when first reading I was thinking about something else :)

Did You put module CSS files in themes/[mytheme]/css/modules/blocktopmenu and JS themes/[mytheme]/js/modules/

Hi, thank you. I don't need to change css/js files. Is still necessary correct the paths?

I've only modified (added a line to install()) php code simply to add my custom hook:

$this->registerHook('displayHeaderMainMenuBox')

And of course the relative uninstall code. displayHeaderMainMenuBox is the new hook, already used with other modules.

Edited by stratboy (see edit history)

Wait a minute:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Overriding+default+behaviors#Overridingdefaultbehaviors-Overridingamodule%27sbehavior

They speak about tpl, css and js. NOT php. Maybe in a theme folder I can override ONLY a modules tpl/css/js?

And in that case, maybe I can override the php file in the /override folder just like classes and controllers?

OR maybe i CANNOT override module's php files?

Effectively, on the top of the link, they write:

1. Overriding PrestaShop's own behavior (class files and controller files) in order to target a specific section of the required components.

2. Overriding the VISIBLE PARTS of modules (Templates, JavaScript, style sheet language...) so that the themes can adapt better to them.

mmmmm :P