[solved] Date of birth validation

if you want to set up birthday as a required field, go to the classes/Customer.php file

you've got there object definition with all fields, there is birthday field definition:

'birthday' =>	  array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isBirthDate'),

add to this required=>true param

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have still problem with birthday required. I edit Customer.php and add required=>true. The field is now required but when i select date of birth on the page with authentification, system give me error "Birthday is required" and I can't save it. I use prestashop 1.5.4.1. Thanks for reply

Customer.php - 'birthday' => array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isBirthDate', 'required' => true)

• 1 month later...

Some how i solved this issue by removing the above parameters that is

This

'birthday' => array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isBirthDate', 'required' => true param ),

to This

'birthday' => array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'validate' => 'isBirthDate' ),

Again I mean to default and Made changes in classes/validate.php As

This

public static function isBirthDate($date)
    {
        if (empty($date) || $date == '0000-00-00')
            return true;

to This

public static function isBirthDate($date)
    {
        if (empty($date) || $date == '0000-00-00')
            return false;

This atlest gave an error as invalid date of birth but only when you fill all the required fields

Hope so i have explained you better, Might be helpfull to you.

Regards

Amod

Edited by amodkarmarkar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The version from amodkarmarkar worked for me!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!!

using Prestashop 1.5.6.0

Another question...

Is it possible now to add the red "*" to the Birthday field?

you can do it in authentication.tpl file located in your theme directory (themes/YOUR_THEME/authentication.tpl)

<sup>*</sup>

I tried that, but I can't find the right place for it...

Where do I have to place the <sup>*</sup> ?

<p class="select">
<span>{l s='Date of Birth'}</span>
<select id="days" name="days">
<option value="">-</option>
{foreach from=$days item=day}
<option value="{$day}" {if ($sl_day == $day)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$day}  </option>
{/foreach}
</select>

here:

<p class="select">

<span>{l s='Date of Birth'} <sup>*</sup></span>

<select id="days" name="days">

<option value="">-</option>

{foreach from=$days item=day}

<option value="{$day}" {if ($sl_day == $day)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$day}  </option>

{/foreach}

</select>

• 3 months later...
Hello Everyone, I have found root cause of the date of birthday required error.

Here is complete flow of action.

function processSubmitAccount() in AuthController which is taking care of post data and validate them.

Then If we marked birthday field as required field then we need to update ObjectModel.php file. Because validation is checked based on parameters set in classes\Customer.php file and in Customer.php file there is birthday field on which are setting validation required=>true but there is no such fields in authentication.tpl file and in ObjectModel.php file there is function called validateController() which is checking for each required field data and produces error array.

So we have to update it for birthday field. In validateController() function you can find below code:

if (isset($data['required']) && $data['required'] && empty($value) && $value !== '0')
{
if (!$this->id || $field != 'passwd')
$errors[$field] = '<b>'.self::displayFieldName($field, get_class($this), $htmlentities).'</b> '.Tools::displayError('is required.');
}

Replace it with below code:

if(isset($data['required']) && $data['required'] && $field ==  'birthday')
{
         if (!@checkdate(Tools::getValue('months'), Tools::getValue('days'), Tools::getValue('years')) && !(Tools::getValue('months') == '' && Tools::getValue('days') == '' && Tools::getValue('years') == ''))
         {
               $errors[$field] = '<b>'.self::displayFieldName($field, get_class($this), $htmlentities).'</b> '.Tools::displayError('is required.');
         }
}
elseif (isset($data['required']) && $data['required'] && empty($value) && $value !== '0')
{
}

Let me know if it works or not. I have checked with all the conditions and it works well.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Everyone, I have found root cause of the date of birthday required error.

Thanks a lot, very helpful.

Adapted code for Presta 1.6:

if(isset($data['required']) && $data['required'] && $field ==  'birthday')
      {
        if (!@checkdate(Tools::getValue('months'), Tools::getValue('days'), Tools::getValue('years')) && !(Tools::getValue('months') == '-' && Tools::getValue('days') == '-' && Tools::getValue('years') == '-'))
        {
        }
      }
      elseif (isset($data['required']) && $data['required'] && empty($value) && $value !== '0')
      {
        {
        }
      }
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

you can do it in authentication.tpl file located in your theme directory (themes/YOUR_THEME/authentication.tpl)

<sup>*</sup>

hi vekia,

its not working for me.i added the required true in validate file but after then also there have issue.

when i select 31 feb then its showing birthday is required and birth date is invalid but if i select right date like 25feb then also it showing error birthday is required. 

Do you have nay solution for this.

hi vekia,

its not working for me.i added the required true in validate file but after then also there have issue.

when i select 31 Feb then its showing birthday is required and birth date is invalid but if i select right date like 25 Feb then also it showing error birthday is required. 

Do you have nay solution for this.