(1&1/prestashop 1.5.4.1) display problem with url_rewriting

Hello everyone ...,

It's with some bitterness that I come back once again to the PrestaShop community to ask for your help ... I hate bothering people but now I must admit that i don't have choice ...

I also have my pride but, let's spoil it...

Anyway, I get to the point ...

(For clarity I will write in bold the problems encountered )

My goal: remove this cursed "index.php" which is rotting my life and my mood for several days

1/I began by enabling friendly_url as many have recommanded on various forums all around the web . and what I see:

The method of URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not enabled on your server, where it is impossible to verify the configuration. To use rewritten URLs, you need to activate this mode.

Already a problem is occuring before I can figure out the main problem...

Well too bad ... I think that may be a warning by default and it doesn't concern me , so I turned on the friendly url and I returned to my index.php page

although the index.php has disappeared, there is a bug on my top menu which doesn't display anymore what i want ... it no longer works as before, but if I disable the friendly url ... it works like before

2/I try to know what is the source of my problem ... but no way to know

, "Let's regenerate the htaccess file or let's create a sitemap.xml etc ..."But the htaccess file is activated differently depending on the server ...

Others suggest to not modify the htaccess file directly but to do from the back office (enable or disable) etc. ...

-Some say "error 500" occurs sometimes...(please spare me...)

3/I could test some alternative ways like gsitemap but it leads me to another issue and more i try to solve ... more I encounter issues ... it's clearly endless and starts to freak me out...

That's why i have come to you..in order to get some help and I would be relief if one of you guys could clear the path...

Thank you for reading!

Edited by cubi (see edit history)