Override global.css

Hi,

I have a new, clean install of 1.5.4 which I am using for testing.

Is there a way of overriding global.css rather than editing it? I am concerned that any update to Prestashop may overwrite an amended global.css.

I know that in some CMS programs you can make overrides in a custom.css file or something similar. This way you could override not only global.css but all other .css files.

Many thanks

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

I have created a new theme (copy of default) and now I know that my global css will not get overridden.

However, what I think Iam looking for is a way to have an override css file loaded last so that it can override ALL css files without having to create a new themes/theme_name/css/modules/module_name/css/module_name.css every time I want to change some css.

For example I want the menu, footer, input buttons, shopping cart etc. all to be the same colour. Currently I would have to edit the global.css and create at least 2 or 3 new module_name.css files just to achieve this.

Surely there must be a more simple and less painful way of doing this?

Thanks

Hola statictic,

Gracias por la respuesta.

Lo que yo creo, sería la forma más eficiente para reemplazar CUALQUIER css, sería tener la plantilla núcleo que llamar a un archivo llamado "override.css" o "custom.css" al final.

For other readers,

What I believe would be the efficient way to override ANY css would be to have the core template to call a file called "override.css" or "custom.css" at the end.

Regards

Edited by bcoadmin (see edit history)