Several price choices?

RESOLVED-THANK YOU CARLSEN

I am seriously seeking some advice here guys. There’s a range of furniture that comes as a two seater sofa and a 3 seater sofa or an armchair. I wish to put one photo up of all 3 but some kind of dropdown box or radio button that allows a customer to choose two or three seater for example and when they do the cart price changes to reflect this. Same with colour options.

It’s a very common feature on ecommerce sites so there must be a fairly simple way to this in prestashop I would imagine? Is there any way I can do this? Or is there a module for it (I have searched for a module and can’t find one)

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys

Dan

Edited by dandareuk (see edit history)

Hi Dandaeruk,

You can do this with the standard Prestashop installation:

• Create all your attributes groups (color, type, material and so on)
  • (You can play around with the attribute type, making it a dropdown / colorselect / radiobutton)
  • Create all attributes (red, green / two seater, armchair)
  • Create product with a standard price of 0. Remember to select your tax. (Setting the default price to 0 makes it easier when adding your attribute prices)
  • Upload all the images
  • Create attributes on the product
  • Now you can set the price for each attribute, and you can also select which image is associated with the attribute you are creating/editing

Hope this makes sense. :)

Thank you mate it was obvious if I had looked!! lol. Just out of curiosity I am on 1.4.4 version and the admin is very very slow. Also, uploading photos and every second photo causes half the screen to be greyed out? So you have to refresh and go back into images for the next two. Is this a bug you have come across?

Dan

Hi Dan,

You're welcome. :)

I have not experienced that bug before.

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, you could try using Google Chrome instead, I find that the adminpanel runs best in that browser.

However it could also be that your images are very large, and the server "can't keep up".

How large (kilo/megabytes) images do you upload?

If possible I'd advise that you upgrade to Prestashop v. 1.4.10.0 or Prestashop 1.5.4.1.

If you have a custom theme, then stay within version 1.4, and preferably try upgrading a copy of your shop first, so you can verify everything is OK before you go live.