Paypal hot issues - different paypal issue

adamus007p

If you noticed any Paypal issue please share it here.

If this place is not good for this topic please move it to right place.

Paypal - problem when you will choose a currency different than default currency

my default currency is € but i wanted to changed it to pounds

when i selected payment as paypal i have got following error:

Please try to contact the merchant:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-04T21:14:59Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10401

L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10426

L_ERRORCODE2 -> 10431

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_SHORTMESSAGE2 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Order total is invalid.

L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Item total is invalid.

L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> Item amount is invalid.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error

L_SEVERITYCODE2 -> Error

3.5.1 tested from http://addons.prestashop.com/pl/platnosci-prestashop-moduly/1748-paypal.html

same error

Please try to contact the merchant:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-04T21:57:59Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10401

L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10426

L_ERRORCODE2 -> 10431

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_SHORTMESSAGE2 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Order total is invalid.

L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Item total is invalid.

L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> Item amount is invalid.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error

L_SEVERITYCODE2 -> Error

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1467

2nd issue security

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1400

Hi I have found security bug in Paypal.

Customer can pay via eCheque - to process and get monay it takes few days, when bank will accept a eCheque.

Sometimes customer have no monay or will cancell this eCheque in his bank.

There is a bug because we have no monay on our Paypal but the status of order is changed to accepted, status should be waiting.

In other case hacker or dishonest customer can click "buy" and download your all products for free.

There is no protection for merchants from Paypal side when there are non-material goods - I was calling. When customer use eCheque there should be no changes of the order to accepted in other case customers can go to prestashop addons store and dowload all modules for free.

Only 1 way to get money is contact with buyer, but what when he will not responce like in my case...?

payment via eCheques should have not confirmed status but status waiting.

3rd issue paypal not not only paypal connected

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1382

I reported before many report with Paypal and orders errors.

I found what is the source ot these problems.

Prestashop base on shipping (countries, iso, couriers, address, post codes etc.), if something will br wrong customer will be not able to order or proceed with Paypal.

I use PS since 1.3.x and noticed that there is a big mess with shipping which put effect on other modules e.g. Paypal.

e.g. where are some states missing in Prestas e.g. for Mexico - cust won't buy via Paypal.

I have checked my presta and fresh one.

On fresh Prestas 1.4.10 there are missing few countries IN,CO,BR, AU, CN and states.

old prestashop have different country id, iso... these all countries are not updated during update to new PS ver. Different version make some changes so in the end there is a mess.

there is no help, tip for customer during order how the correct form of address should like, e.g. if post code is xx-xxx and cust will write xxxx there will be an error

in the PS forum I have found few topics, so there is a known problem

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/75783-issue-with-paypal/

some sentence from it:

think I found the problem source.

Paypal requires addresses in certain countries to have a State/Province (I've found Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Australia to be the case). Those countries have to have States enabled and added in Prestashop to work in order for the customer to add this when registering his address. Otherwise, Prestashop sends the address without the State and Paypal rejects it as this is required in Paypal addresses. At the moment, only US and Canada have states already filled in Prestashop and therefore are Paypal compliant.

This is a problem common to other API applications since it's a requirement on Paypal's side. I found this Paypal API thread helpful:

in my PS there is no iso validation but I am getting from time to time error, all errors for me are loosing a money

please have a look on this issue and fix it

this is shipping (carriers, iso, countries) problem which effect on Paypal and possible other payments methods

regards,

Mike

PS. try also to use 1.3.x and make multiple updates to 1.4.10 and try to track "shipping" things

please check also from Paypal side, what is required in regards to separate country

in some countries states, lands, counties or parts of country are required during order with Paypal in some others are not required

i hope that my report will be useful for a soluction

answer from Francois Gaillard

Hi adamus,

It's exactly what I told you in almost all of your previous posts about PayPal & payment errors (due to the customer address).

You absolutely have to install all of the localization pack for all of the countries in which you want to sell your products.

We cannot force the download of all the packs. The merchant have to manually install it.

The post you linked in the comment is base on a PayPal v1.7 which is not supported anymore.

P.S : We checked for the changes of the ISO codes. Everything is working fine (tested with PrestaShop v1.3.1 & v1.4.10.0)

Thank you,

Kind regards.

my respond:

You absolutely have to install all of the localization pack for all of the countries in which you want to sell your products.

I done it few times (updated all localization), no results, I have to done it manually.

1.4.10.0 it install wrong some are missing.

Take PS 1.2 and please update it few times to 1.4.10.0 and see the changes.

On fresh Presta 1.4.10 there are missing few countries IN,CO,BR, AU, CN and states. Could you check this states on 1.4, 1.3, 1.5?

The post is old, the problem is live.

I corrected my presta manually, I wrote report to help others.

I checked states with Paypal:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pp_nvpapi_developerguide.pdfI

in my opion is not ok with states, we have to add some states manually, e.g for mexico 31 states, some was missing.

Dear Prestshop users please check this things and share with me your comments.

• 8 months later...