Cart Rule with Free Gift that has Attributes

I have created a cart rule is PS 1.5.4 that allows a customer to add a free gift to their cart.

The product that I am offering as the free gift has attributes (6 colours) and I would like to give the customer the ability to choose which colour they would like. However, when creating the cart rule, I have to specify the attribute combination in the back-end.

Is there any way to allow the customer to choose the attribute when they add the free gift to the cart?

post-580518-0-62658200-1370161296_thumb.png

Edited by AndyKing27 (see edit history)

This is not a direct solution but a workaround.

Create 2 different cart rules

-Under Cart rule information, a code must be used for each cart rule for each free gift you want to give out. (Example iPod1,iPod2,iPod3 and so on)

-Enable Highlight

-Under cart rule condition, product selection is the same (Since it's the same product.)

-Under compatibility with other cart rule, remove compatibility with each other. (So that customers cannot choose a different gift 2 times.)

-Under cart rule action, put in the gift that you want to give to the customer.

The attached image is the end result.

post-578773-0-97769000-1371014302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That is using voucher code. What we want is to give away gift when customer purchase more than 3 items or certain amount. At the same time, the gift item is consider at 0 price but with some cost. How to cater this scenario?

Any advise?

• 2 weeks later...

set it all up and it does apply the free gift product over certain value ( for example 25.00 ) but it doesnt give me option of choice of the colours. One product with different attributes ( 2 colours ) , set up 2 different cart rules, one for black one for green , both the same priority etc ( set it up as described here ) but it automaticaly gives me black colour . Any ideas ?

• 4 months later...

Hi Sparky123,

I followed your advice and created 2 cart rules as I too have color choices for the free gift.  Made them incompatible with each other so customers cannot choose more than 1 free gift.  It was working few days ago.  But just today, the incompatibility failed, i.e., I was able to choose 2 different free gifts in 2 separate purchases.  Any idea?