Legacy file system option in 1.5.4.1 missing

Hello all,

rather difficult task : 1.3 to 1.5.4.1 upgrade.

It seems I have successfully imported the database with the /install/upgrade.php script.

Problem : old image file system.

Question 1 : (file system)

Wherever I look or whatever I search for, it is recommended that one should "move" the imorted images to the new file system layout and folders via the function in the

/preferences/image/ tab.

To my surprise, that function does not exist in 1.5.4.1. There is no such option. (see screenshot link below)

http://imageshack.us...30528at012.png/

Was this function recently removed ? What am I expected to do here to move the images in the /img/p/ folder to the new file/folder structure ?

Question 2: (performance)

I noticed that afetr the successful import of the 1.3 database with the /install/upgrade.php script,

the overall shop performance is dreadful. Pages load really slow.

Is this related to the old file system/structure (360 products and the image thumbs) ?

Im using caching and manually emptied the smarty cache and theme folders a couple of times - no performance increase.

How can I increase the performance ? (even 1.3 is running faster).

Question 3: (preceding /language/ urls)

Im using 3 languages. I noticed that when using more than one language, the URl's will be preceded by a /mylang/ folder.

This did not happen in 1.3 . I cannot find any documentation that would speak about how to set up the default language, so that e.g. for english, there is NO preceding /en/ folder in the URl.

How would I approach this very serious SEO issue ?

I thank you very much for your kind help and your tips !

Spike

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed, option is missing in 1.5.4.1 - it still is possible in 1.5.4 to use legacy filesystem, which is really handy when importing from older shops, using that filesystem.

Is it possible to enable the legacy filesystem functions, or is it completely removed in the new prestashop ?

[edit]

Its is disabled, and can be enabled in adminImagesController.php, line 56

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-8989

[/edit]

Regards

Dan Mortensen

Edited by Dan Mortensen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...