Quantity Discount dont work with products, but work with combinations

Hi Everyone,

I recently install PS 1.5 and i am having issues with getting bulk discounts to work based on products not combinations.

E.g. i have an item that has 3 different strengths. if you buy 3 or more of any combination you get a 5% discount.

When a buyer buys 3 of the same strengths, the discount is applied

However when a buyer buys 1 of each strength, the discount does not get applied..

I have already selected the quantity discounts to be based on products rather than combinations in BO->Preferences->Products->Quantity discount base on-> Products.

But its still only working for combinations.

It would be great if someone could help me with this issue.

post-564322-0-59187600-1369669718_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any resolution to this issue? I need to provide this type of discount as well. As it is presently (version 1.5.4.1) I don't see any difference between the product and combination discounts. The customer can't select multiple combinations and have the discount apply.

Ex: I have a shop selling labels with just simple letters as the different combinations.

Quantity discounts are supposed to kick in when three label packages are added to the cart (with any combination). So If I order 1 pack of letter A, 1 pack of B, and 1 pack of C the discount should apply. At the moment the only way it applies is if I order 3 packs of an individual combination (3 packs of A, three packs of B, etc.).

How do I fix this?

Sorry - I was wrong - I can't get it to work properly.

I have a product with 6 colour combinations

I add a discount for buying 3 or 6 items

I have Preferences > Products > Quantity Discounts based on: Combination.

You add two of one colour and two of another colour - total 4 - should get discount - but don't. Only discount when total of one colour three or more.

Doesn't make sense...

• 2 months later...