could you test my site please? more slowwwww

gmert69

Hello,

I build a shop with prestashop last week but this is more slow...

I don't unterstand. Could you give an information in order to my shop is better ?

My configuration is that :

Cache des templates :

Ne jamais recompiler les fichiers de templates

Cache :

enabled.gif

Devrait être activé sauf pour les tests et débogage.

Console de débogage :

Ne pas ouvrir la console

arrow_in.png
CCC (Concaténation, Compression et mise en Cache)

La CCC vous permet de réduire le temps de chargement de votre page. Avec ces paramètres, vous gagnerez en performance sans même toucher au code de votre thème. Assurez-vous toutefois que votre thème soit compatible avec PrestaShop 1.4+, sinon la CCC pourrait causer des problèmes.

"Smart cache" pour le CSS :

Utiliser CCC pour les feuilles de style

"Smart cache" pour le code JavaScript

Utiliser CCC pour le code JavaScript

Réduction du code HTML

Réduire le code HTML après l'exécution de la compilation Smarty

Compression du JavaScript dans le code HTML

Compression du JavaScript dans le code HTML après l'exécution de la compilation Smarty

Optimisation Apache

enabled.gif

computer_key.png Cache

Les systèmes de Cache sont utilisés pour améliorer la rapidité de votre boutique en stockant des données dans la mémoire du serveur, évitant ainsi les trop nombreuses requêtes à la base de données.

Utiliser le cache :

enabled.gif

Système de cache :

Memcached

http://www.fcshop.eu/

Thanks

Edited by gmert69 (see edit history)

Btw, when i access your site, i get the directory list, not the shop itself.

Think you should backup then delete .htaccess and "redo it" by altering something in SEO & URLS, and change it back again. Then, check it a new .htaccess is saved.

EDIT: Now i was able to correctly view the shop...

Edited by sadlyblue (see edit history)

Gtmetrix is getting reasonable times.

The few recommendations could improve a little the speed.

But i don't think it will do that much of a difference.

You can also consider switching to another host.

Search the internet for some solutions for the recomendations, and for more opinions on the host you have.

But i don't think is that slow now. I surfed a little.

Only sometimes, it seems to "stall". That is not normal, and i haven't had that problem with prestashop. And i had problems with the speed.

Shared hosting are always a problem for Prestashop. Better is to host on a VPS, CDN or at least a shared host with load-balance and the warranty of max 9 host per Server and hosts with the same PR as yours. If you have a neighbor host with a PR of 4 or more so all requests are stolen and nobody can visit your site.

There is also known that Prestashop 1.5.4.1 have some problems in the SQL-queries, if you are using PS 1.5.4.1. PS 1.5.3.1. has a better performance.

See here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/250186-bad-performance-when-works-with-products/

and

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/248932-prestashop-15401-performance/

When you test with webpagetest, you will see that another problem on your site, are some of the pictures. They are too big and slow down the loading in some seconds (blocktopmenu and homefeatured). http://www.webpagete..._H7S/1/details/

But they are problem for loading this files :

http://www.fcshop.eu/modules/blockcart/img/icon/pict_add_cart.png

http://www.fcshop.eu/modules/blockreinsurance/img/bg_reinsurance_block.gif

http://www.fcshop.eu/modules/blocksocial/img/sprite_pict_social_block.png

http://www.fcshop.eu/modules/homefeatured/img/arrow_right_1.png

You think that problem is coming modules ?

What's the current quality setting in backoffice for images?

I have ours at 90. It didn't lose quality from 100, but reduced a lot of size.

If you change yours, don't forget to regenerate images afterwards.

You know an application which reduce size for many images ? I have a little more than 8000 images...

My images configuration :

Qualité d'image

Utiliser le JPEG

Qualité JPEG = 90

Qualité PNG = 7

And i have the same problem with

http://www.prestasho...-with-products/

More slow when i try to edit my products... a mysql problem ?

How can I test mysql server for shared hosting ?

Can I test my website with Qualité JPEG = 50 and put Qualité JPEG = 90 after ? Is it possible ?

Edited by gmert69 (see edit history)

I forgot say that my backoffice is also slow than my frontoffice. And loading pages are different... sometimes 3/4 secondes sometimes 15/20 sc. I have an other website with Wordpress, which i don't have any problems.

I forgot say that my backoffice is also slow than my frontoffice. And loading pages are different... sometimes 3/4 secondes sometimes 15/20 sc. I have an other website with Wordpress, which i don't have any problems.

Our site has loading times about 6-7 seconds.

Back oficce is faster, 2-3s.

It could be your host.

You could buy a month hosting on a relyable host to try is out.

No need to move it just yet, just to test. Copy the files, get the right config, and see the diference.

Unless you have peak usage times (lots of visitors at a single time) or you make significant changes in the code, you shouldn't get times so different.

I can't recommend one because it depends on many things.

We had good experience with hostgator, but then we grew too much, and a dedicated server there was too expensive.

Most don't have a warning if you overuse sql/ram/cpu/... and shut the site down. It's awfull when that happens.

Depends on the size of the store (products, categories,...).

Not many experiences with other hosts.

Try searching on hosting forums also...

I changed hosting. What do you think now ?

What host do you have now?

It seems a little faster and consistent.

You can still make some changes recommended by gtmetrix. If you search online for them you can learn how to do them.

• Like 1

What host do you have now?

It seems a little faster and consistent.

You can still make some changes recommended by gtmetrix. If you search online for them you can learn how to do them.

My new host is 1and1.

I want optimize my product's images (few 8000 images).

After, i will continue with gtmetrix advices :)

For referencement, what do you advice me ?

You should enable gzip, depending on your options available by your host can be easy or not.

Ask them for if you can enable it, and how. With this enebled, time to first byte can increase, but the page as a hole is served faster, as it gzipped.

They can also help you with the add expires. Is they enable mod_expire then you can search the internet on how to do the rest on th .htaccess end.

Specify image dimensions is easy, just click on that, it should give you an idea of what files in your theme/module you should alter,

The "serve resources..." click on it to also check what objects are fetched from another url.

The rest are not easy or not high importance. Like combine css sprites. Its hard work to combine all buttons in one image and then alter the theme to correctly get the right "piece". This can be easier when defining a new theme.

The CDN is usually a paid service, like cloudcache. I don't have a good experience with cloudcache, because the available module isn't 100% compatible, i eventually gave up. Also, is mostly to serve images, video and static content faster. Prestashop is very dynamic, at least my site is. Lots of different promotions, specials,... so is impossible to cache them in a cdn, as far as i know.

• Like 1

You should enable gzip, depending on your options available by your host can be easy or not.

Ask them for if you can enable it, and how. With this enebled, time to first byte can increase, but the page as a hole is served faster, as it gzipped.

They can also help you with the add expires. Is they enable mod_expire then you can search the internet on how to do the rest on th .htaccess end.

Specify image dimensions is easy, just click on that, it should give you an idea of what files in your theme/module you should alter,

The "serve resources..." click on it to also check what objects are fetched from another url.

The rest are not easy or not high importance. Like combine css sprites. Its hard work to combine all buttons in one image and then alter the theme to correctly get the right "piece". This can be easier when defining a new theme.

The CDN is usually a paid service, like cloudcache. I don't have a good experience with cloudcache, because the available module isn't 100% compatible, i eventually gave up. Also, is mostly to serve images, video and static content faster. Prestashop is very dynamic, at least my site is. Lots of different promotions, specials,... so is impossible to cache them in a cdn, as far as i know.

I thank for your help.