PayPal Pro "Error, please verify the card information"

bluhring

We are building a new site on Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and purchased the PayPal Pro 1.2.3 module.

We have it setup (everything but the SSL at this time).

Regardless if PayPal Pro module is set to Sandbox or Live (production), when we enter MasterCard information (not checked the other cards), it refreshes the page with a red line of text above the Credit Card info box that reads:

"Error, please verify the card information"

We've checked log files and see nothing logged for this event.

We are currently in a development environment, so the URL isn't what the final site URL will be, and we don't have the SSL setup yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, we tracked the issue down to what I believe is the root problem... Still no solid solution, but the PrestaShop support team has told me that they are working on a new release of the PayPal Pro module that will support this scenario.

We looked at the PrestaShop site logs (at Advanced Parameters > Logs), and found the following error message:

[PayPalPro] PayPalPro returned errors: Array\n(\n [0] => Array\n (\n [L_ERRORCODE] => 10002\n [L_SHORTMESSAGE] => Security error\n [L_LONGMESSAGE] => Security header is not valid\n [L_SEVERITYCODE] => Error\n )\n\n)\n

We then called PayPal support who said the issue was because of the authentication with the API. When you log in to your PayPal.com account, you can go to "Profile", then "My Selling Tools", then "API Access - Manage API Credentials" where it gives you two options to get API Credentials. This will give you the API Signature, username, and password (3 bits of info), which is required by the PayPal Pro module.

HOWEVER, according to the PayPal support guy, our account was not actually setup for API access. He said we had SDK access which instead uses the Partner, Merchant Login, User, and Password (4 bits of info) that is also used to login to PayPal Manager.

I told them that our shopping cart required the API access (3 bits of info), and they said the only way to modify the PayPal account for that access was to delete the account and create a new one... Which is not feasible since we've had a long-standing account and our per-transaction fees are reduced because of that, not to mention we have a current site still using that account.

I contacted the PrestaShop support team (since they built the PayPal Pro module) and they said that they are "in the final stages" of releasing a new module that will support the SDK (4 bits of info).

I've requested an ETA since our site was to launch very soon, but not yet heard back from them.

Brandon

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anybody got had a straight answer regarding this? Our site has been working great for over a year and now it has just stopped. Anyone who tries to pay just gets: "Error, please verify the card information"

The guy at Paypal said that we need to contact our shopping cart provider?

We tried updating the PayPal Pro module but it will not update (no idea if that will fix it anyway).

Desperate for help...Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

I get the same error and I am using Pro 1.4.  However, sometimes it works and other times I get the error.  Has anyone found a solution?  Also, it seems that it is processing very slow as well.

I'm running 1.5.6.2 and Pro 1.4.