Can't add or edit categories or products

I have been running this version for some time and have had no problems with this and then suddenly yesterday when i decide to add a new category it's not working. I tried to upgrade to v1.5.4.1 and this didn't fix the issue so i restored the backup of 1.5.3.1 as i know this is working other then adding/editing products and categories. I have also tried this in several browsers.

When i try to edit a product i get this on the screen and nothing is saved:

www.reefcreators.comwww.reefcreators.comhttp://www.reefcreators.com/admin1/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=8&updateproduct&token=cc58c5e67a99b845f8621b2a6d694e60406

When i try to create a new category i get this on the next screen:

www.reefcreators.comwww.reefcreators.comhttp://www.reefcreators.com/admin1/index.php?controller=AdminCategories&addcategory&token=4eb58b5fd88567009ce1447dc3b8fcf5406

My error log on the server shows this error:

[Wed May 15 07:11:55 2013] [error] [client 98.111.5.13] File does not exist: /home/vumclmog/public_html/400.shtml, referer: http://www.reefcreators.com/admin1/index.php?controller=AdminInformation&token=c4f19b476ee811dcb70a6a0dae2ac137

[Wed May 15 07:11:40 2013] [error] [client 98.111.5.13] File does not exist: /home/vumclmog/public_html/400.shtml, referer: http://www.reefcreators.com/admin1/index.php?controller=AdminInformation&token=c4f19b476ee811dcb70a6a0dae2ac137

[Wed May 15 07:11:30 2013] [error] [client 98.111.5.13] File does not exist: /home/vumclmog/public_html/400.shtml, referer: http://www.reefcreators.com/admin1/index.php?controller=AdminInformation&token=c4f19b476ee811dcb70a6a0dae2ac137

Also now noticed a similar error when I try to use the contact form

I am willing to pay someone to get this fixed as I am losing money.

Herer is one of the screen shots doesn't say anything other then whats already in the post, this happens for adding a new category, a new product or editing, and using the contact form i think there is extra info in the DB but i can't find it.

post-566705-0-83643200-1368716180_thumb.png

Herer is one of the screen shots doesn't say anything other then whats already in the post, this happens for adding a new category, a new product or editing, and using the contact form i think there is extra info in the DB but i can't find it.

Can you please give me admin access??

And please enable debugging... You can enable debugging mode from defines.inc.php file in config folder

go to line 28...

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

and make 'false' to 'true' and then try again for editing product/categories and share screenshot that you get...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have almost the same problem here. I have to contact my host everyday and ask them to fix it. It's very frustrating. This went on for weeks already. They fix the issue, but never tell me what it was.

Most of the time I get an error 400 message after I try to save an updated product. (catalog > products > edit (product's name)

Luckily i have another e-commerce platform running in parallel, otherwise I would go nuts.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem--have spent HOURS setting up a cart--all was well until I went to add products--I get a page with this on it ""Bad SQL query Unknown column 'cp.position' in 'field list'"

Have not a clue how to fix--I can't do anything, dead in the water until I know what this is. Everything else seems to be working fine. I have categories, contacts, a lot of modules, all seem to be working--but can't get a product up.I go to the top ribbon and click on "Catalogs", the menu drops down and I click on "products" and the "bad SQL" appears.

Any help greatly appreciated or will have to junk this cartnoproducts.pdf.

• 1 month later...

Same situation in 154x

I can save product info once. Then I cant make any further saves. The ONLY saves that occur are from when the Quantity automatically updates itself after a change AND when the image uploads & automatically saves. If I do either one of those 2 things first I have a dud product. Prestashop is turned into a frustrating minefield for me. Its exhausting now.

40grid, this may not solve your issue, but your post sounds similar to the problems I experienced. I could add a new product OK, but going back in to edit it further, I hit long delays/timeouts when trying to save my changes - it drove me mad.

Eventually, I found a solution. When making changes to products, etc. in back office, ensure the smarty cache has been cleared out and is also disabled under Advanced Parameters/Performance. After the changes have been made, make sure you re-enable the cache.

However, if you're getting the same message as the OP, then I can't help with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...