Backward Compatibility Issue

tombruty

Hi,

I have tried to upgrade the PayPal module from version 2.8.5 to 3.4.9 on Prestashop version 1.4.2.5. After installing the module I was advised that in order for the module to work correctly I needed to install the backward compatibility module (version 0.4.5). After doing this the module page would not load and I get the following PHP error:

Cannot redeclare class BackwardCompatibility in /Sites/xxxxx.com/source/trunk/modules/backwardcompatibility/backwardcompatibility.php on line 162

I was trying to upgrade the module to fix and issue related to PayPal error 10415. My client recevied an email from the module advising them that there was a transaction error however the customer was charged and the order is in the database but not visible in the admin. After reading various posts in forums I concluded that I needed to upgrade the module. Here is one example:

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFI-4975

I would really be grateful of any help or advice that would enable me to upgrade the module.

Thanks in advnace.

Tom

• 4 months later...

Hi Phil,

It turns out the issue I was trying to fix didn't require a module upgrade so I never ended up having to resolve this problem. I did however eventually get a response from Prestashop support:

You need to delete the paypal module from your host and first install backward compatibility and then the new version of paypal.

I hope it works for you.

Tom

• Like 2

• 1 year later...