Core Override/Module needed for Products vs Quantity vs Combination vs Attribute.

Fez-o-Joe

Good morning Ladies and Gentleman, (that should cover most of you)

We've had a Zencart install for many a year and it's time we updated the site - so we've started installing Prestashop - oh boy!

We've now run into this problem with every e-comm bit of software and I know we can't be the only ones having this issue. (there are many on the boards asking the same thing)

The problem is this:

• - One product (say a hat) can have multiple sizes, each size has it's own quantity.
  • - The product gets another item 'a' joined to it - (say a pin - and there's 10 different ones, again with their own quantities)
  • - The product can have an optional item 'b' added to it, and 'b has three choices, with their own quantities.
  • - The product can then have an additional item 'a' and/or 'b' added to it.

Say the entire catalog has 70 products - it should stay 70 products, not 70 x 10 x 3 x 10 x 2 (42,000) of them!

All this occurs before the client clicks on 'Add to Cart'

If someone orders such a product, all the areas have their associated item decremented. Any sub-part that's - 0 - should not show, unless overridden. (ie: don't subtract item but process it - this would be good for resellers that have 'continuous stock')

The Cart must also reflect the Product/Size/bits

The order screen, invoice, delivery slips, etc. all need to reflect these products and modifications.

That make sense?!?

If not, drop me a line and I'll zap over our current website so you can see the old website and what we've talked about.

Let me know!

- Joe