Imported customers success but won't show

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Right, we seem to have sorted the issue out.

I'm not sure exactly which of the below items was necessary - possibly all of them - but these did the trick:

- Ensure that every column with an asterisk in the "Available Fields" area (this can be found on the right hand side of the import screen) has a corresponding column in the CSV file. For Customers, you need to have columns for Email, Password, Last Name and First Name

- Ensure that each of these required columns contains some text. A blank cell in the CSV (i.e. trying to insert an empty string) will stop the import from working

- If you are importing IDs and using the "Force all IDs during import" option, ensure that no IDs are missing from the CSV data.

After addressing the above we managed to get our import to work. Without these in place, Prestashop was still insisting that the import was a success, but no customer data had been added. Some better error reporting (or even acknowledging an error in the first place) would have been useful here! I'm using Prestashop 1.5.4.0 by the way.

Hope this helps someone

• 4 weeks later...