Web Standard and Express difference

sscardefield

Can somebody please tell me what the difference between the two is? The Express Checkout option says it should be used in addition to your existing card processor, but I don't notice any difference between the two options when I go through the checkout process using each. They both appear the same on the checkout page (minus the logo being slightly different) and they both take me to the exact same PayPal checkout page.

t9JSxGR.png

I have read through quite a few posts on this topic going back a couple years and a lot of people ask this question, but nobody ever seems to get an answer. I don't understand how nobody knows the answer to this? Do the PS devs/mods that watch the forums not even know themselves?

• Like 1

I think its a good question and the text written in the PP module isn't self-explaning...

Found only the difference in the logo so far haha..

pp1.jpg

option 1, process all your card payments

pp2.jpg

option 2, choose express checkout

If anybody knows a more founded reason to have those 2 options next to each other, please shoot the answer.

Here is the answer I got from PayPal:

With Express Checkout, your customers don't have to re-enter information already stored on their PayPal account. After approving use of PayPal, your customers return to your site to complete and finalize their purchase. This provides your customers a secure and convenient payment flow.

Express Checkout allows you to accept PayPal payments directly on your website and keeps your buyers there after they make their payment. PayPal hosts the Express Checkout button and logo images that you'll use on your website.

In addition, if buyers have trouble paying, they can easily return to your website to choose a different payment method. Your customers can pay with any PayPal funding source or their PayPal account balance, which includes any currency balance they may hold. Express Checkout is available for any country that can accept payments.

To setup Express Checkout:

1. Type www.paypal.com/expresscheckoutinto your web browser.

2. Click Get Started.

3. Choose if Express Checkout will be a custom integration or if you are partnering up with a shopping cart to accept payments.

Note: There is no additional fee to use PayPal's Express Checkout feature, the regular fee structure of an account remains the same.

Here's how a buyer completes their purchase when you integrate Express Checkout:

1. The buyer clicks "Check out with PayPal" on your website.

2. The buyer is prompted to log in to PayPal.

3. The buyer reviews the shipping and billing information.

4. The buyer is returned to your website to complete payment or continue shopping.

5. The buyer will receive an order confirmation email from PayPal.

You need a Business account to use Express Checkout. Express Checkout lets you accept PayPal payments directly on your website and keeps your buyers there after they pay. We host the Express Checkout button and logo images that you use on your website.

Edited by sscardefield (see edit history)
  • Like 1