Affiliate/ Referrer Not Tracking

Im having trouble with the affiliate software.

Im trying to get it to work...

First Problem (solved) front stats for affilaite /modules/trackingfront/stats.php i was getting a 404 error.

Solution: Make the module folder= module/trackingfront/ change premission to 777.

2nd Problem:

I created a new affiliate and make the url include = ?referrerID=1

then i tested it by going to mydomain.com/?referrerID=1

and it wont track it and i tried to even do it from http referrer = subdomain.mydomain.com and then i went and made a link on subdomain and clicked on it..

and still it wont track it, stills shows 0,

tried refreshing cache and index buttons... nothing works so far?

anyone get this to work?

Edited by hackia (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I use it and it works fine. Under technical help - Simple mode section -> HTTP Refferrer -> Include: %domainyouwanttotrack.com%, then under Cache, click the button "Refresh Cache". I do NOT save direct traffic either. I use this everyday for multiple affiliate referrers.

I use it and it works fine. Under technical help - Simple mode section -> HTTP Refferrer -> Include: %domainyouwanttotrack.com%, then under Cache, click the button "Refresh Cache". I do NOT save direct traffic either. I use this everyday for multiple affiliate referrers.

i had tried another way to test it.

refer from another website of mine, click in

bookmark

exit page

open with bookmark

purchased the item

tracking a few website including google.

refresh referrers

all the website that i am tracking has the sales!!!

if I have like hundreds of referrers and this happens, I would need to pay to each referrers!!! this can't be happening!

this is only good for tracking and not good for paying out to affiliate!

I have multiple affiliates and it correctly tracks, "Vistors", "Visits", "Registrations" and "Sales" for each individual website/affiliate. It will also retroactively track visits. So, for example, say you know someone from 'somedomain.com' clicked on a link on 'somedomain.com' to visit your site. if you add 'somedomain.com' by clicking ADD NEW and put %somedomain.com% in the INCLUDE field in the HTTP REFFERER section and of course give this an affiliate name and click SAVE. Leave all the other fields blank other than password if you want to password protect it.

Then on the referrers page menu in the BO, click MONTH and REFRESH CACHE and you should see your stats update correctly. This is assuming you are sure someone from 'somedomain.com' visited your site from a link on their site.

I have multiple affiliates and it correctly tracks, "Vistors", "Visits", "Registrations" and "Sales" for each individual website/affiliate. It will also retroactively track visits. So, for example, say you know someone from 'somedomain.com' clicked on a link on 'somedomain.com' to visit your site. if you add 'somedomain.com' by clicking ADD NEW and put %somedomain.com% in the INCLUDE field in the HTTP REFFERER section and of course give this an affiliate name and click SAVE. Leave all the other fields blank other than password if you want to password protect it.

Then on the referrers page menu in the BO, click MONTH and REFRESH CACHE and you should see your stats update correctly. This is assuming you are sure someone from 'somedomain.com' visited your site from a link on their site.

did you try to have the customer comes from A site, purchase an item, then you refresh everything, the rest of the B, C, D site also refer the sales?

this is what happened to me, when i am doing a test.

No, mine does not give credit to all sites...only the correct referring site. I've attached 2 screenshots to show my data from July 2013. The first shows correct referrals for distinct referrals and not all sites. The second screen shot shows the settings...only one field needs to be filled out. in that example: %site1.com%

http://postimg.org/image/3v7zsjwu1/

http://postimg.org/image/n7o9ltxjl/

but can you try to purchase an item from your website and see?

i didn't clear my cookies in my firefox, maybe it is because i have went to all these site before, and it captured all the data for each website I have entered in as referrers

It's not dependent on if you visited sites, it's dependent on if you clicked a referring link to your site from another site. So, if you clicked on a referring site's link to your site and made a purchase, it should only show up on the 1 specific site that you clicked the link from.

No, I'm not making purchases on my site. I know it works. I provided screen shots showing it works correctly. If you've had any sales on your site and know if they arrived to your site by clicking a link on another site, you can add those referring sites and click the "refresh cache" button and it will populate those referring visits. If someone came as a direct visit, nothing is going to show up in the affiliate referrer section. But, if they had ever visited your site previously by clicking a link from a referrer and then come as DIRECT visit (ie, type your website name in the browser), it WILL give credit to the referrer.

if you would like to do a test, please PM your store's site. I will create a link on my store's site to yours. Add my store as an affiliate. I will then click the link from my site and visit your store and it should immediately appear that you had a VISIT from my store affilliate link.

Edited by kg4geq (see edit history)

It's not dependent on if you visited sites, it's dependent on if you clicked a referring link to your site from another site. So, if you clicked on a referring site's link to your site and made a purchase, it should only show up on the 1 specific site that you clicked the link from.

No, I'm not making purchases on my site. I know it works. I provided screen shots showing it works correctly. If you've had any sales on your site and know if they arrived to your site by clicking a link on another site, you can add those referring sites and click the "refresh cache" button and it will populate those referring visits. If someone came as a direct visit, nothing is going to show up in the affiliate referrer section. But, if they had ever visited your site previously by clicking a link from a referrer and then come as DIRECT visit (ie, type your website name in the browser), it WILL give credit to the referrer.

if you would like to do a test, please PM your store's site. I will create a link on my store's site to yours. Add my store as an affiliate. I will then click the link from my site and visit your store and it should immediately appear that you had a VISIT from my store affilliate link.

what i meant was, I have a total of 10 sites, each of them I have link up as referrer. Once I have made a purchase, all the 10 sites shows they have the credit of referring...

I understand you are saying all sites are showing statistics from "you" making the purchase and not just one site. This is not correct, so there is an error somewhere. Either, in how you have the referrers configured or in the module. Double check your setup, possibly provide screenshots as I did showing your configuration settings. If you have another domain, setup a link to your PS store from that domain and setup that domain as an affilliate referrer and check to see that is properly giving the singular domain credit. If you don't have multiple domains, PM me your store and I'll help you test the affilliates.

You're last post is the key. It looks like your problem is just the "ORDERS" column is incorrectly calculating the sale from your purchase to every affiliate. A picture truly is worth a thousand words :) Can you post the Affiliate settings for one of those referrers?

I actually just noticed, it didn't give credit to ALL the referrers. There were 4 that it did not. I would guess that the 4 that did not get the credit for the sale in your "after" picture are setup correctly.

Edited by kg4geq (see edit history)

You're last post is the key. It looks like your problem is just the "ORDERS" column is incorrectly calculating the sale from your purchase to every affiliate. A picture truly is worth a thousand words :) Can you post the Affiliate settings for one of those referrers?

I actually just noticed, it didn't give credit to ALL the referrers. There were 4 that it did not. I would guess that the 4 that did not get the credit for the sale in your "after" picture are setup correctly.

this one of it

post-481781-0-87421000-1376236542_thumb.png

all are using the same setup.

i use %facebook%.

the rest is %google.com.sg%

the rest of the fields are empty.

Also I have direct traffic enabled.

Edited by cutecat (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right topic but it may...

I have a referral module and im using social login. When they log with facebook, even if the referrer "email" is filled, it's not taking it into account :(

i spent hours looking on the net and couldnt find any solution

• 10 months later...