Sort Bar on the Home Page for Featured Products

All products from all the categories of my site shall be shown right away on the home page. In some ways I can achieve this with the integrated featured products module. I have 2 questions:

1) Is this the only free way to show all the products from all the categories on the Home Page?

2) How can I add a sort bar, like the one that is present as soon as I have a listing of products after having clicked a category?

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Im using the default theme prestashop, version 1.6.0.4

im fighting with this issue since 3 days ago and i cannot get any solution. Refer to the first question you've wrote, we bought a module call "homepage product pro" with the idea to have more than one tab associated to differents categories.

I think doesnt matter if you have one module or another one (in your case homefeatured) the thing is modify the module to add sort bar, pagination, comparsion between diferent productos in the category.

The first thing ive tried is include diferent tpl files like: product-sort.tpl, pagination.tpl..etc in some tpl file inside the module. This is the code:

<div class="content_sortPagiBar clearfix">
            <div class="sortPagiBar clearfix">
            {include file="$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl"}
{include file="$tpl_dir./nbr-product-page.tpl"}
</div>
                <div class="top-pagination-content clearfix">
                {include file="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"}
{include file="$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl"}
                </div>

</div> 

This code must to be placed before you call al product-list.tpl. You have to have that somewhere in your featured module  tpl files.

The second thing ive tried is copy the html code from one page ,that has the sort bar,  in my module home page products pro. the bar shows up without problems if we focus on the css styles. BUT ITS LOGIC DOESNT GO WITH THE CATEGORY IN THE TAB.

If you have get any solution please let me now. 

Thanks very much