.htaccess issues on all cms pages

Hello everyone, I hope someone has found a solution for this .htaccess issue:

I was launching a new site today using Prestashop version: 1.4.0.17

Everything was in order, then I ran the .htaccess generator.....

Once doing so I had several pages become inaccessable because the links were no longer correct.

I had created several CMS pages and put their links in the tmcategories.tpl file, and placed these links to show in my navigation bar.

Everything works on the first click, but once you're on a content page it breaks the link if you click on anything else. It appears that it adds en/content/ prior to any link now, so I'm assuming this has something to do with the .htaccess file for CMS links??

As a result of several pages not showing I tried to revert back to my orignal .htaccess file which I had copied, and then for some reason the site was still trying to add the /en/content/. Not sure if it saves this information somewhere else in the site, or if this was just an issue with the host? Because I did several refreshes and cleared my cache, but still the redirect??

I ended up having to do a full restore on the site, so if anyone has some information here I'd really appreciate your assistance. Thank you!