Hook "Advanced Top Menu" module into theme?

Max-s

Hi there,

Yesterday I purchased the "Advanced Top Menu" module because of its ability to display manufacturers in the menu. The technical aspect of the module is working perfectly, but I do have a question about implementing it with my theme.

Upon installation I noticed the module didn't inherit any of my theme's css styling. While I did manage to get most of it correct, there are some aspects that still need some work and are a bit more difficult than merely applying css.

Now, I looked into the theme's template file for the top menu - in this case called "blocktopmenu.tpl" and noticed the original menu module "Top Horizontal Menu" was called using the $MENU and $MENU_SEARCH variable in the .tpl file. I'm new to PrestaShop but I was hoping it would perhaps also be possible to place similar hooks for the "Advanced Top Menu"?

I'm not sure whether my explanation makes any sense so I've included a piece of the blocktopmenu.tpl file for further clarification:

<!-- End Top -->

<!-- Navigation -->

<div class="navigation_container">
  <div class="set-size clearfix">

<nav>

<ul>

<li><a href="{$base_dir}" class="home"></a></li>
  {$MENU}
 </ul>

</nav>

{if $MENU_SEARCH}

<!-- Search -->

<div class="search">

<form method="get" action="{$base_dir}search.php" id="searchbox">

Hopefully someone here can help me further..

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply! Even though that didn't quite solve my problem I just decided to rebuild the "pm_advancedtopmenu.tpl" to match some of the containers that were used in the theme file to inherit the css styling.

Final aspect I'm coping with is the searchbox.. I'd like it to float to the right, while all other menu items remain floated to the left. I've managed to test it with Firebug by applying an inline style element to the "li" element that belongs to the search bar. Subsequently, I tried adding ".li-niveau1 advtm_menu_14 {float:right !important;}" in the advanced styles section of the Advanced Top Menu module configuration, but unfortunately this doesn't work in the live version..

More ideas? Thanks :)