[Solved] On Sale: Database contains different information than front page

Hello good people of the Prestashop-world,

First let me thank you for an excellent product. Secondly i would like to apologize to anyone who might take offend to my spelling or grammatical errors. English is not my primary language. I have searched and not found anyone else who has the same problem as me and now i am getting ready to throw my poor screen out the window because i can not seem to solve this issue. It is interesting how the screen always gets the violence. We do indeed shoot the messenger. Sorry for the rambling, i will try and be brief.

My system is a normal LAMP server and i use only built in cache in Prestashop 1.5.3.

The problem:

I used an module in 1.4 to mark a lot of products on sale and these followed into the upgrade 1.5.3. When the time set for these sales was done the sales stopped even on the product pages. However, after the upgrade this module was no longer working so it has been uninstalled and discarded. Now i have pretty many products showing the "On Sale" icon but there is no on sale price. The other "normal" priced products are showing normal price and no "On Sale" icon.

First i thought i would be clever and change it all in the DB with a simple:

update ps_product set on_sale=0;

Then i emptied the cache, via the tools in the backend as well as manually on the disk. Refreshed the cache in the browser as well. Still... there is the "On Sale" icon haunting me.

If i go into the specific product in the backend the checkbox on the price page is accurate. It is ticked on the "On Sale" products and not on the normal.

Of course, one solution would be to manually tick every one of my many products and then be done with it but then i would spend hours of my busy life doing something it might take the database a few milliseconds to do. Besides, i would not have learned anything either.

So my friends and competitors, please aid me in showing me the way to remove these "On Sale" icons through the database. There must be a way. I am just not finding it.

Best regards

Carl

Update: Just in case anyone else experience similar problems where the products do not match their store front. Apparently updating ps_product is not enough. I also had to update ps_product_shop. In other words the solution was update ps_product_shop set on_sale=0;

Edited by scarleg_swe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...