Google product feed is missing "availability" attribute

Sarak

I'm uploading my data feed to Google in order for my items to appear in Google Shopping results.

The feed is uploading fine but Google gives me the error that the required attribute "Availability" is missing on all of my products. I really don't understand why it would give me this error as every item is in stock, with at least 150 products stating "in stock" on the items landing page.

But Google isn't picking up on it. I've explained the problem and asked them for a solution but all they did was reply telling me, basically, what I've already told them!

Does anybody know the solution? Is there anything I need to do via Google to specify product availability?

Thanks!

Edited by Sarak (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Quick update:

Since the "availabitlity" atribute was missing from my data feed,Google have suspended my Merchant Account. Strange though, because everything else in the Merchant Center seems to be working.

It also seems the only way to rectify this issue is to manually create a data feed with Excel and add every single product to it, which is going to take me an entire day! The automatically generate data feeds used with the Google Merchant module don't seem to include everything that Google require.

I'm just hoping I can get my Merchant account reinstated :/

• 4 months later...

Hi Sarak,

Not 100% sure but can't you export a csv file rather than creating an excel sheet?

You can edit it inside excel and add an availability column before manually adding it to your Google merchant center. I haven't done this myself but it might be worth exploring to save yourself some time.

Some useful resources:

‪Creating a Google Shopping Feed Manually‬

Modules that do the job automatically.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=google+shopping

I actually found this post by searching for a way to upload my clients Prestashop products into Google products without a module. So if you do take my advice please let me know how well you got on.

Also if anyone else knows a fool proof method of uploading products from Prestashop 1.5.4.1 to google without a module please do share.