Enabling Php Errors Only For Web Service Api Using Pswebservicelibrary

JulianM

Recently I started to use PSWebServiceLibrary to update the product price remotely (I could not update the stock yet, but that's another story). However, in order to debug it I needed to enable display_errors in PrestaShop to see what is happening in the backend (at least in version 1.5.x). This is ok unless that your store is in live mode and you start getting users to the web at the same time.

What I did was enabling the errors only for Web Service API calls that came from PSWebServiceLibrary. Here is the solution I found:

1. First, go to PSWebServiceLibrary and specify a custom User Agent. I added the following line below line 135 of PSWebServiceLibrary.php

curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'PSWebServiceLibrary');

2. Then, go to PrestaShop /config/config.inc.php and added the following line below the display_errors setting:

if ( preg_match('/PSWebServiceLibrary/i', $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] )) @ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

This way, if the User Agent is PSWebServiceLibrary then it will enable display_errors, otherwise not.

Hope it helps.

Julian Magnone

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Thanks @JulianM for this simple hint - this is great solution for debuging during API woring.

I wiil add PS 1.6.1.10 fix:

In PSWebServiceLibrary.php you have to add CURLOPT_USERAGENT into $defaultParams  array,

so you have to add one more parameter:

CURLOPT_USERAGENT => 'PSWebServiceLibrary'

instead of addind line curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'PSWebServiceLibrary');