Does anybody needs a Japanese language pack

Star

I want to know how many people out there needs a Japanese language pack. It seems nobody has done anything with the Japanese translation. I have done most of the front, admin area, and the modules. Can somebody help out? And is the Japanese language pack needed? If nobody reply to this thread within 24 hours, then I will drop this project as I don't want to kill myself for something that nobody cares.

Hi Star!

We, I mean the PrestaTeam, would appreciate a Japanese language pack ;-)
As you can see by yourself, our current Japanese translation is NULL.
Thus such project is definitely welcomed.
When you think it's completion is well advanced, please feel free to send your package at [email protected]
Thank you very much.

Okay. I am going to finish the translation. However, it may take few more weeks to do so as I am very busy at this moment. Just wait. Will be done. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have the power to influence future PrestaShop features, running PrestaShop 1.1 in Japanese is not as simple as just creating a Japanese language pack.

I am running my site with a Japanese option, but there are so many format and language issues (for example, addresses start with postal code and end with customer name, honorifics "Mr., Mrs., Ms." go after the name, names are in order of family name, then given name, etc.), that I almost gave up. Since some of those issues would be the same as in Chinese, I'm wondering how those doing Chinese translation are dealing with it?

Anyway, even though a newbie, I dug into a beginning PHP book and then did so much modification of the PHP code---especially in the address tpls and translations, that a lot of my work is not easily transferable. (In the beginning I made a lot of translation changes in the PHP files because I was just learning and didn't really know the implications, as some of the PHP changes could have been accomplished in the language translations area.) Also, not knowing what else to do, I stole Address 2 for use as Prefecture, since I couldn't find how the "State" option could be set up to switch between English and Japanese prefecture names, at least with my limited knowledge of website development. In the future I may regret that choice, as it would be handy to have an Address 2 field.

Basically, I reorganized the address format order on the site so that it is in Japanese order, no matter what language is being used for address entry... (Postal code, Prefecture, City, Address, Organization or Customer Name)

I don't know about PrestaShop 1.2 (afraid to try the upgrade at the moment, as my 1.1 site is now taking orders and working fine), but if there is an address format option built in to version 1.2 that will automatically change formats between languages, or even be variably selectable by the customer, it would be great!!!

Only the bare essential translations for Japanese ordering have been completed on my site, so a lot of the Japanese in my implementation is FAR from done, and quite far from becoming a Japanese language pack.

To see the Japanese version of my site, go to:
http://www.jmtb.com/~jmtbcomb/shop/index.php and click on 日本語 at the top.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You for the effords you made on language packs. I'm new to PrestaShop and doing bussiness mostly in the Asia areas, I found you simplified chinese pack very useful and it would be a great help if there is Japanese pack as well as Traditional Chinese (<-- actually I found one in your previous post, is that suitable for v1.2 ?)

Many thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go windows update... You can get there by typing windows update in windows start search or look for it in control panel (Windows 7 or Windows Vista) In windows update window, click on optional updates and scroll down and check the Japanese Language Pack then click OK and click the Install update button.

• 3 weeks later...