Prestabox Installed, What To Do Next?

ezb

Hello,

I have opened a shop with a2hosting (version 1.5.3.1) and I have used their automatic installation. I want to ask a couple of question for newbies hoping these questions will help more people on my situation.

Just few comments before asking few questions:

I really like the Prestashop design and interface, but information seem to lack (manuals and wiki). I'm still intrigued and liking the experience. However having a shopping cart ready to sell is less easier than I thought.

I also found difficult to find free modules (or even paid one) I have been looking for. Per example, I cant find a Canada post module in the free Prestashop module directory. Same for the ebay one.

Few questions:

1- Should I subscribe to the "VentureOne" small business (Canada Post) program to use their shipping quote scripts? Or for that matter any other benefits joining the program?

2- If no free Canada Post module available, what are the paying alternatives ??

3- I would like to know if there is any free and working eBay good module for ebay.com or ebay.ca ? (yes I would like to list items in CAD since Pay Pal dont want people outside US to cash in USD, so they can make even more money.)

4- What are the eBay paying modules ? I know of the Involic (prestabay) one that seem to be very good. Any other alternatives ?

5- I would like to know where I can find text examples of privacy, and terms of conditions of use ?

6- Currencies: I will be selling in CAD, should I keep other currencies ? Only one currency should be enabled or the others are for reference only??

7-Can I easily enable other languages (translations), or it would cause me problems that would might need more config job??

8-"Import Localisatiion pack"... arent already this default or I should play with this before being able to sell worldwide?

How much would a developer ask me to do the following tasks?

- remove all the Prestashop messages, like "powered by ps"

- do an overall check

- polish some options"steups/configs

Thanks a lot.

Also, I realize I cannot afford the developers referred by Prestashop in their homepage. They seem to be the cream of cream, the top, but very expensive for me. So I wonder if you guys could recommend other good developers and programmers that are not listed in the reference partner page but are also very good ?

Hello,

I have opened a shop with a2hosting (version 1.5.3.1) and I have used their automatic installation. I want to ask a couple of question for newbies hoping these questions will help more people on my situation.

Just few comments before asking few questions:

I really like the Prestashop design and interface, but information seem to lack (manuals and wiki). I'm still intrigued and liking the experience. However having a shopping cart ready to sell is less easier than I thought.

I also found difficult to find free modules (or even paid one) I have been looking for. Per example, I cant find a Canada post module in the free Prestashop module directory. Same for the ebay one.

Few questions:

1- Should I subscribe to the "VentureOne" small business (Canada Post) program to use their shipping quote scripts? Or for that matter any other benefits joining the program?

2- If no free Canada Post module available, what are the paying alternatives ??

3- I would like to know if there is any free and working eBay good module for ebay.com or ebay.ca ? (yes I would like to list items in CAD since Pay Pal dont want people outside US to cash in USD, so they can make even more money.)

4- What are the eBay paying modules ? I know of the Involic (prestabay) one that seem to be very good. Any other alternatives ?

5- I would like to know where I can find text examples of privacy, and terms of conditions of use ?

6- Currencies: I will be selling in CAD, should I keep other currencies ? Only one currency should be enabled or the others are for reference only??

7-Can I easily enable other languages (translations), or it would cause me problems that would might need more config job??

8-"Import Localisatiion pack"... arent already this default or I should play with this before being able to sell worldwide?

How much would a developer ask me to do the following tasks?

- remove all the Prestashop messages, like "powered by ps"

- do an overall check

- polish some options"steups/configs

Thanks a lot.

Also, I realize I cannot afford the developers referred by Prestashop in their homepage. They seem to be the cream of cream, the top, but very expensive for me. So I wonder if you guys could recommend other good developers and programmers that are not listed in the reference partner page but are also very good ?

1. I am not familiar with Venture One program so I cannot give you an assessment of their product or service.
  2. Have you searched the add-ons.prestashop.com marketplace for Canada Post modules that you can install on Prestabox?
  3. None other that I'm aware of, the only Free eBay module by Prestashop is only compatible with eBay.fr and eBay.it. I don't believe you can install it on Prestabox. You might want to double check the add-ons.prestashop.com marketplace to see if you are allowed to install the module on PrestaBox.
  4. Unfortunately Involic Prestabay module is the only paid eBay module I am aware that works with the ebay.com I'm not sure if it works with ebay.ca, you can contact the module developer to find out if their Prestabay module is compatible with Prestashop 1.5.3.1 and posting products from your PS online shop to ebay.ca
  5. You should have a lawyer draft your Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy pertaining to your business and how you will operate your online shop. I advise against copying another site's Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
  6. You can disable the other 6 default currencies in the back office if you choose to or keep them as reference for currency rate for customers who may be from a different country other than Canada.
  7. You should be able to enable 6 default languages in the PrestaBox back office without any other issues. If you are going to add more language translations I'd only install the languages that are 100% translated.
  8. I am unclear what you mean by "Import localization pack".

I cannot say what other Prestashop developers will charge you for the tasks you need completed but using Firebug in Firefox browser you can scroll down to the footer section and you will see the copyright by Prestashop message you can go into File Manager on your Cpanel's public_html folder and find the copyright Prestashop message in your theme's template folder and delete the PrestashopTM link and replace it with your company's name then click save using Code Editor in your Cpanel (assuming you have Linux server).

If you post a Job Offer in the Prestashop Paid Modules, Themes, Job Offers,Services forum thread and thoroughly describe your project specifications you should receive different quotes from other qualified Prestashop developers. Again I cannot say what they will charge you for their time Otherwise you can utilize Freelancer.com or oDesk.com to look for qualified Prestashop developers to make other theme changes for you or config your server or do whatever else you need to get your online shop operational for live sales. All the best to you with your online shop. :)

• Like 1

1. me too, I'm not familiar

2. I know there is some canada post module, again, it is difficult for me to evaluate them because I'am new to prestashop

3. you are correct, I will certainly buy the paid version (involic) of the ebay.com module. I'm very excited and I hope I will find someone this weekend to have at least my site running, so I can list the first few items and give a face to the site.

4. yes in fact, eventhough I have always listed in US currency in the past, i feel cheated by Pay Pal currency rates, so I will probably sell in CAD.

5.Thank you for this tips. Eventhough i dont want to copy, just to get inspirations and experiences from others. Also my English is not perfect and in this matter I believe it should be well written.

6. True, all I nedd is to keep as reference and not as a payment option... This is what I have to figure out.

7. True I will allow other languages. that are 100% translated

I cannot say what other Prestashop developers will charge you for the tasks you need completed but using Firebug in Firefox browser you can scroll down to the footer section and you will see the copyright by Prestashop message you can go into File Manager on your Cpanel's public_html folder and find the copyright Prestashop message in your theme's template folder and delete the PrestashopTM link and replace it with your company's name then click save using Code Editor in your Cpanel (assuming you have Linux server).

Thank you I will try eventhough I'm hesitating. :)

If you post a Job Offer in the Prestashop Paid Modules, Themes, Job Offers,Services forum thread and thoroughly describe your project specifications you should receive different quotes from other qualified Prestashop developers. Again I cannot say what they will charge you for their time Otherwise you can utilize Freelancer.com or oDesk.com to look for qualified Prestashop developers to make other theme changes for you or config your server or do whatever else you need to get your online shop operational for live sales. All the best to you with your online shop. :)

I have posted in the job offer but nothing yet, I used to dream at night being with 2 or 3 girls.. Last night I dreamed I found a good developer !! In the dream, it was not specified if it was a male or a female !!

I never thought about freelancer or odesk site because I thought the core of prestashop developers would be around here. But it is a good idea. I would like to thank you for your help and time And thank you very much for your wishes, it is really appreciated !! :)

Edited by ezb (see edit history)

ezb: You can collect payments from buyers in Canadian Dollars (CAD) instead of USD via Paypal. You'd have to have the Paypal IPN or module modified to do this. Have you consider using the other payment option modules (e.g. 2Checkout or Stripe - which Canada is eligible to use) since you mentioned you don't like Paypal's currency exchange rates?

• Like 1

Gogomo, hello :)

I was not considering the use of other methods of payment simply because I dont know them and also because I dont know what kind of involvement/agreement I would need to have with them. But thank you for the suggestion, I love to have new opinions and suggestion. Do they have better less commission ??

I would easily accept payments in USD if.... IF Pay Pal would let me Cash in USD. Right now I can receive in USD virtually, BUT Pay Pal tell me that I CANT receive in USD (even if I have an USD account in Canada), so they convert at their own rates, and make money a third time over your sales.

This is evil and pervert... We give almost 12% on eBay fees (im ok with that because of the exposure, fine ok), then Pay Pal who is owned by eBay wants another percentage from the integral amount and not from the amount after fees. THEN, what is left, what still mine is subjected/forced to their currency exchange.

Are they a parent company of Monsanto?