Real Search Module, Really Bad Performance

danielmt

Hi,

A couple of months ago I spent 100€ + VAT in the module "Real Search" to create a custom search module for my store (a tire's store). Now that I'm ready to open my store, I've imported 6000 products into the catalog.

The performance of the front office is really, really bad. It takes 9-10 seconds to load a page. If I disable "Real Search" module, the store loads smoothly and fast. But if I enable again, it takes 9-10 seconds.

I have a dedicated server, so the "hosting" is not a problem. What's the problem with this module? Doesn't it work in a "real" environment? Are they expecting to have only 50 products in the catalog?

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

PS Attached an screenshot of the custom search form. If anybody has an idea of doing this without any module (or another "tested" module), please tell me.

Edited by danielmt (see edit history)

More than an year ago I developed similar module (custom one) for a client and I think it was for 60 euro (4 hours of development) (I'm pretty sure it was for less than 100). What I mean is that sometimes it's better to hire a developer to do a module for you, so you can test it with multiple products before you actually pay for that.

Here's the clients site: http://www.pneumatici-prezzi-bassi.it/

It is with 1000 products, but even if it had 5k products, this does not affect the initial loading, because, every step of the filter is loaded via AJAX (HTTPRequest) which is performed on-demand.

Note that this is step-by-step filter.

What I can do for you is:

- Debug your module and fix the performance issue (if it worth fixing, i.e. if it's not completely "broken" by design)

or

- Develop a custom module for you, similar to the one I developed for my other client.

I can't guarantee that this will be completed today, but it could be done until the end of the week.

Usually the addons team response is slow (I wait for few days, up to week), but the developer one should be within 24 hours (or at least this is the normal time for "reaction").

Here's a tip: If you purchase other modules for addons, you can always ask pre-sale questions to the developer and see for his response time ask for a demo (if such is not available), or ask for specific cases, like how this module handles 5k products.

I forgot it. I've contacted addons.prestashop.com for help, and no answer in 2 days.

I would understand this silence/delay if it's a free module. But 100€ for a module, and no response at all... a pure scam.

Where is the Prestashop Addons team support? And the developers of the module?

A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!! More than 3 days, and no response at all. Really, really sad. This is my first and my LAST project with Prestashop software. If I purchase a theme, I expect support for the theme. If I purchase a module, I expect support for the module. This is not free software, I've paid for it... And what do I have in return????

Almost 10 days, and no news from the developers!!!! Four days ago I received an email from the addons team, pointing that they're about to contact the developer. Where is he/she???

Again, the first and last project in Prestashop.